Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Visham has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Cool place, very central and close to all sights of Male.
The room was really clean and breakfast was good.
The Good Part:
* My flight arrives late in the evening (around 10pm), and the receptionist was kind enough to stay late to wait so that I could check-in.
* Visham called me while I was still in my home country just to confirm my stay
* Good location in Male. About 15 minutes walk from the airport ferry.
* Visham gave some recommendations on the phone about islands to visit (he wasn't on site).
* The room is spacious.
The Bad Part / Needs Improvement:
* The cleanliness of the room is questionable. The room smells old and triggered my allergies all night. This did not happen on other places that I stayed on the country.
* The bed is not clean. I kept scratching all night while lying on the bed. If only I wasn't that tired and sleepy, I would have looked for an alternative place to stay.
* Visham wasn't on site, and the receptionist is new and barely knows anything about Maldives tourism. She can't give any advice which island to go, interesting activities, etc.
* Although I've already confirmed my arrival, the receptionist kept on calling me while I was already on a different country, on the way to Maldives. She called many times, and I had to answer to find out what it was about. Answering international roaming calls are expensive. I told her the first time to just send me an email since there is free Wifi in the airport, but she kept on calling my roaming number.
* If you compare prices in Airbnb, this place looks relatively cheap. But if you can arrive early in Male, and you are looking for just a 1 night stay, you can find other places that are under $50. Most of them are just not online.
As the first guest we can report the followings:
Ahmed Visham,who is offering this gueast house,did a great job.He answered all our questions fast/good.He also advised us for transportation from Male to the guest house+booked for us the local seaplane flights,we choosed.Altogether very reliable+professional+recommendable.
Virtual we would rate the guest house itself with 4-5 stars,but there is a "but" on Dhigurah,which we describe at the finish.
The guesthouse has a "reception"+a shared lounge with a LCD-TV+3 rooms;each with a living/sleeping area with double bed and additionally a (email hidden)e A/C in the living/sleeping area works good/quiet.The mattress was much to hard for us-everything else was good there.Bathroom is without A/C-which is good for the only cold shower.The rooms are a "little" clairaudient (but we are sensitive sleeper).Nice+friendly+helpfully staff.There was no internet,but they said,they will have it in the future.Continental breakfast is include.We had to pay $7,50per person for dinner in the guesthouse.There are 2 restaurants on the island,where you can get the same dinner (for example chicken/beef rice/noodle,etc.) between approx. $2,50 to $5,-per person.
Couple of small shops offers food+drinks+drugstore products,etc.
Bottle of 1,5 liter drinking water for approx. $1,-// 5 liter can of drinking water approx. $1,50 // 2 liter CocaCola approx. $2,- // Toast approx. $2,-.
There are some souvenir shops too.
The local people are very friendly.They are living in the north part of the island.
It is not allowed to be in bikini at the local people area.For bikini beaching you need to go further a way,at least to the middle of the island.Bicycle can be rent for $3,-per day,but they are in bad condition and in small kid size,so bad to use.
To snorkel was great.We saw the common nice colored fishes+sharks,mantas,turtels,whale sharks,etc.
There is a dive center named Island Divers on the island-with good gear+realy professional staff+lot of great dive sides around Dhigurah.The rate is approx. $60,-per dive,which is absolutely overpriced.The price drops a little down stepwise concerning of the number of dives.Disregarding the price diving was great.For example schooling fishes+big fishes like jack fishes,tuna,sharks,mantas,whale sharks,etc.
Everything WOULD be realy great-but there is a SERIOUS GARBAGE/WASTE PROBLEM at Dhigurah.
The beaches at the whole island are full of garbage-like plastic/glas buttles,food remains,sanitary napkins,casks,shoes,etc.
The bikini allowed beaches are narrow-there is no/hardly place for laying down the beach towel or your self-and everywhere is garbage-so you are laying in garbade.The local village is clean.The garbade is probably from the safari boots + the touristic islands-so it not the fault of the local people but destroyes totally the malediven feeling why the common tourist is coming to the Maledives.
Us was told, that they are already working on the solution for this big problem and will solve it in the future.
We would only return to Dhigurah if this serious waste trouble is solved-otherwise not.
If you just want to relaxe in the guest house+see/meet the local people/life+snorkel+dive,but you don´t care about the garbade problem on the beach,we can recommend that place than.
This review is for hamyd and hana,who had booked through their friend visham.they were here on their honeymoon and was such fun seeing them in mumbai for it.
Hamyd and Hana are the best guests ,you can possibly have,they are soft spoken and full of love ,they came as guests and left as my family,with a permanent place in the heart of me and my friends ,they both are a refreshing breath of fresh air,who left their fragrance all over,they were very neat and tidy and kept the place sparkling.they also were very informative to all my questions for my visit to maldives . i look forward to having them back,and strongly recommend them to all the hosts,to welcome them with open arms, my good wishes to their further travel around the globe,
loads of love and
Khushraho Hameesha(HAPPINESS ALWAYS)