Have you ever thought about where we come from - where the carbon and the other elements in our body come from? When you realize that they're the remnants of exploded stars from billions of years ago, and they will once again become part of something else in billions of years - well, it puts our existence here into perspective. Let's just say my components have traveled far further and have lives far longer than I myself will expect to... but, what a ride I'm giving them! Besides, who wants to leave this planet w/a body that still has the potential for miles and miles and years?
Places I've loved include:
* Edmonton (yes cold in the winter but the skies are clear and it's a dry cold, and the summers are so kick-ass we're still cooling down for months) - I mean, where else besides the Arctic do you get summer sun until 11 PM and an early morning sunrise at 5:30 that will blow your mind?
* Nepal - Kathmandu has some of the worst air quality and yet some of the most incredible sites you'll ever see! Trekking in the Himalayas will always be a fabulous memory...
* Peru - and of course, Cusco and experiencing live local music in a nightclub hidden off a back alley full of Cusquenos at 4 AM on Peruvian Independence Day, and being the only foreigner there, and then revisiting it with my sons a few years later... and then the mountains and Inca sites and Machu Picchu and and and...
* Sedona, AZ - yes, as commercial as it can get in some areas, but also one of the most outstanding spiritual places on the planet, as long as you open yourself to the right energy... so enamored, in fact, that I bought a place there.
* Bodhgaya, India, where Buddha was enlightened... meditating on the roof of the Tibetan monestery at 4 AM listening to the chanting from the temple and watching/listening to the egrets in a tree across the park, as the sun slowly illuminated the sky and the awareness of a new day filtered into the local consciousness... (a completely different 4 AM but 4 AM nonetheless...:-)
Things I love include:
* my kids - they are such a source of joy, and pride, and happiness, and lessons... :-)
* hypnotherapy - I trained for and then started New Journeys Hypnotherapy, because I realized that it was exactly what I was meant to do... help others reach their full potential!
* fresh zuchini and tomato, lightly stir-fried, and then let it sit w/grated cheese on the top... especially when it's fresh garden (or my own!) veg that I'm cooking!
* mountain climbing - not that insane shit where you need to use ropes etc, but the style (scrambling/bouldering) where you use your feet, hands, and head, and still manage to stay (relatively) safe... perhaps it's why I love the mountains so much...
* have 55,000+ followers on My Daily Step on(website hidden).. a project I truly enjoy...
Chris has completed online and offline ID verification.