First of all thank you for taking the time to review our home. I’m greatly sorry our place was not what you expected nevertheless, I feel it is important that I respond to some of your comments for future guests.
1. The stairs. This is unavoidable as you choose to stay in the cliffs off Oia overlooking the caldera ( the most popular and requested spot on Santorini island). Furthermore, I find your comment regarding not informing you about the option to have help with your luggage unfair as Nikos helped you with your luggage upon arrival (after he had been awaiting your later than arranged arrival at 3:30am) and then as per your request I arranged luggage service upon your departure. They came to the house at 11:00 am (check out time) as I informed you they would. Your group had already left we incurred the cost for the visit. I feel you are unfair in your appraisal considering the above.
2. The humidity. Our house is a traditional cave house and yes, there is some humidity. That is why we have a dehumidifier working 24/7, which we also always advise our guests to keep working at all times. (I assume you didn’t have it working for your stay)
3. Lack of basics. We provide guests at our home with bed linen, towels, hand soap, toilet paper and kitchen soap. The rest are purchased by guests depending on their needs and length of stay.
4. Failing electricity. If the town or island is experiencing electricity outages there is little we can do about this.
5. The doorknob. Naturally with many people using the home it is bound to need repairs at times and we try to fix things as quickly as possible. I apologize that this happened and we will make sure it is fixed.
6. Check-in. This is the first time anyone ever complains about Nikos’ behavior. I apologize if Nikos offended you in any way. For the record though he did have to wait for you until 3:30 am (from 1 am that was the meeting time). It would have been proper to give him a call or text him that you will be late so that he doesn’t wait needlessly.
7. Broken furniture. We do our best to keep things working and in the best possible condition. The umbrella is heavy and needs some effort to open but is working. Same with the chairs.
8. Shower. Yes currently the bathroom has a basic shower assembly. No one else has complained about it so far, but now that you have we will add a shower head holder.
In closing, I feel the need to say a couple of more things about our place. As already mentioned our house is a traditional cave house over 400 years old that has been preserved and maintained in the same way it used to be when inhabited by our ancestors. We feel it is a unique experience to live in such a house that is situated in such a privileged location in one of the most beautiful Islands in the world. For that experience we charge 250/night for a house that sleeps seven people and we feel this is a fair price for what we offer.