Welcome to DC and Northern VA from your hostess Jin, your Airbnb unofficial international Ambassador.
I have hosted guests from more than 50 different countries. I have learned a lot from them. They truly enriched my life, broadened my view about this world and made me a more tolerant and more appreciative person. I am very blessed to have had chance to host them.
My goal: Looking forward to hosting guests from 100 different countries before I am retired and travel to these 100 countries through Airbnb.
Where I live: DC downtown Capital Riverfront; sometimes stay on my yacht.
Who I am: I am a China born US citizen; a CPA; a MBA; a finance & investment expert by trade; a self-made entrepreneur; a real estate investor; an equity trader; a passionate canoe / SUP paddler and a hiker/backpacker.
9am to 6pm profession: Finance Reporting Director at "Investment Corporation Institute" Mutual Insurance Company. See my profile at "L i n k e d I n ". Search by my name: Jinhua Zhang.
6pm to 9am business: Real estate and equity investment. Tax and personal finance consulting.
Sports/outdoor: I love paddling/canoeing, cycling, hiking and backpacking. I am a member of Washington Canoe Club and Capital Yacht Club. I do competitive OC-1, OC-6 and SUP race. I also lead canoeing, SUP paddling, hiking and backpacking events for Washington Backpackers meetup group. I own a race SUP board and an OC-1 Hurricane.
Properties on A I R B N B (This list may not be updated or include all my properties):
(1) 6 "furnished room" lists in Arlington VA. 4 listed at Airbnb.
(2) Luxury brand new 43x12 houseboat at SW DC river: 1-5 years lease only.
(3) 2 single family houses at West End, Glen Allen, VA. 1-2 years lease only.
***************** What makes me outstanding in the "A i r B n B" community*******************
First and always :***Respect***Reputation***Trust***Transparency***Knowledge***Experience***
These are my business ethics and virtue. I truly love what I do and do it to my best ability. There are always room for improvement. I listen to my guests' feedback, accept their Reviews and strike to improve my lists every day. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you have concerns about some of the negative Reviews. I am here to listen and to improve.
(1) Managed the "A i r B n B" rooms professionally: All the "A i r B n B" rooms were professionally marketed, managed and cleaned.
(2) Approached the "A i r B n B" with a "Win-Win" business mind set. All the rooms were priced low to median range to allow them affordable to majority of the travelers. Longer you stay, more you save.
(3) Fostered a very guest friendly & homey environment at all my "A i r B n B" locations.
(4) Added flexible accommodation program to allow guests to change to different locations and rooms in DC/VA area.
(5) Created "Lowest Rate" cash refund guarantee program: You will get cash refund if you paid higher rate after you extended your stay to qualify for weekly discounted rate.
(6) Established efficient guest traveling and check-in/check-out system.
(7) Implemented Guest Referral Award (GRA). Please recommend my lists to your family and friends and get PAYPAL cash award.
(8) Fostered friendship with some of my guests. I often invite my guests to join my canoeing, SUP, hiking and backpacking events I hosted to introduce some of the great water and outdoor fun into their life.