Phone Number(▒▒▒) ▒▒▒- ▒▒ 19
Offline IDPersonal Info
Offline IDDriver License
- University of Calgary, University of Calgary
- Graduate Student, Energy and Environmental Systems (Electrical Engineering)
- English, Español, Français
- Marc's Airbnb Symbol
I'm a person driven by my passions: International Development, Sustainability, Youth Leadership, and Running.
* I'm currently in graduate studies to find out how to cost-effectively reduce greenhouse gas emissions by controlling residential electricity consumption. I have the most awesome academic supervisor in the world, and if you are ever considering Power Systems Engineering for research, look up Dr. Hamid Zareipour.
* I've been volunteering with Engineers Without Borders Canada for a few years now. I'm working to host the National Conference 2013 in Calgary at the moment.
* In the past, I was a community advisor in residence at the University of Calgary, and a summer camp counsellor for Shad Valley, a program for gifted 16-18 year olds.
* I love going to conferences. To the order of one every month or so. It's a great way to meet people with similar interests, connect to the industry, learn and share with others, and travel at once.
* I love hiking - Best hiking trip was in the Yukon in August 2010. I would seriously recommend the Chilkoot trail to anyone who thinks that they could hike 53 km (over several days).
* I am a runner. Not extremely fast, but I can haul long distances. Often, when I go visit friends, I bring a towel and a change of clothing so that I can run to their place and take a shower rather than taking public transit!