Nous sommes restés 2 jours dans cet appartement qui est dans un quartier très calme. L'appartement est correct, assez bien équipé. L'accès est facile en métro puis à pied en 5 minutes. L'état des fenêtres est à revoir, car même si nous n'avons pas eu de problèmes en avril, cela peut être un point critique en (website hidden)ès bon accueil de Sally, merci !
Really pleased with the accommodation. The location was superb, just along the street from Central park and two streets from the subway. The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped - kitchen, tv and DVD player. It did look as if there was WIfi but there were no instructions to hand. The bathroom was clean( great shower) with sufficient clean towels, hair dryer etc. It was a great place to relax after a hectic day.
We have had a good time during our 6 nights stay in NY. The choice of an appt instead of a hotel was for sure the right option. We arrived at the end of the day so we had to pickup the keys from a doorman a couple of streets further. But when we tried to open the door, we discovered that the adress was changed. We finally stayed at 67 W 83rd street. The appartment was simple but correct. With very little investment it might be very good. The only min point was the absence of hanging and the simple glass window. We had a connexion problem with the Wifi but Sally sent us a person who fixed immediatly the problem. The aprt was convenently located. Central Park was just at the end of the street and the subway 2 blocks away on 81st, making it possible to reach Times Square only in 4 stops.
We have mixed feelings of our stay here.
First the positives:
- the location of the apartment is amazing. In a really safe area, right near 3 subway lines and plenty of shops and restaurants.
- The apartment itself is really nice. Quite spacious, good facilities, really cute decor.
However, there were many problems with our stay.
- the television did not work for the first 4 days and when they fixed it they had hardly any Chanel's, nothing you would want to watch:
- there were many problems with the drainage. The water did not drain well down the shower or any of the sinks. We had issues with the toilet also.
- the apartment got very cold at night.
Our major issue with our stay was dealing with Sally.
People would come Into our room when we weren't there without informing us, which made us feel unsafe and uncomfortable.
Even when they did let us know that they needed something it would be two minutes before they wanted to come in.
Finally, after 8 days of our 10 day stay they told us we had to move downstairs into a different apartment due to "scheduled maintenance". It was so annoying as we had to pack everything us and move downstairs to a worse apartment for 2 days which had a big spare fridge in it as well as other spare furniture.
Overall I would recommend the apartment based on simply the apartment itself and the location, but be prepared to deal with little annoyances that lessen your stay.
We were contacted a few days prior to our stay that we wouldn't be staying in the advertised accommodation. (This is when we discovered that we were not actually staying in someones own apartment but an apartment rented by a Travel Agency. We personally would have booked else where if we'd known this, as you don't get really get the feel of how a New Yorker lives.)
The alternative accommodation didn't have a balcony which was disappointing, however the apartment had everything the other did, just not as well set out.
I think we may have been the first to stay in this accommodation as there we still a few bugs being sorted while we were there.
Shortly after arriving someone from the agency came to check the locks on the apartment for about 10 minutes. Then once we left for the afternoon a handyman entered the apartment without our knowledge to repair some broken cupboard doors.
On our first night returning we were locked out of the apartment and despite calling the emergency number given (no answer) had to call a locksmith to have the lock drilled and replaced. We had to pay $330 cash for this, however the agency replaced this 48hrs later. Probably could have been a bit quicker.
Despite all this the new apartment was only 3 doors down form the originally booked one. Still very close to Central park and the west side B/C line at 81st station.
Apartment was well heated (also had an air conditioner), and nice and spacious. Linens were clean, as were the towels. All drains were quite slow draining, in the bath tub in particular. Overall an ok stay. You don't go to NY to live in the accommodation.
Communication was ok. The areas features made up for lack-lustre apartment.
The reservation was canceled 17 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Great Location! Nice apartment. Easy access to subways and close to the Museum of Natural History. I do recommend it.
There were a few small issues worth mentioning, though:
1. There was a mix-up with the person that delivered the keys to the apartment. We got to the address, but our keys were not there. The person called Sally, and she met us a few minutes latter at the apartment. To our surprise, another couple was in our apartment. Sally showed us what happened: The other couple took the envelop from the delivery person, with my name written on it, without even checking the name! Sally solved that quickly, and upgraded us to a one-bedroom apartment located below the one we originally rented.
2. The apartment was nice, though the drains in the tub and the sink were always slightly clogged. We didn't report it to Sally because we would be there just a few days, but it gets annoying.
3. Even though the water for bath was initially nice and hot, it would frequently run out quickly, so we had to be very mindful of the time in the shower.
4. The cookware was a bit dirty (yuck), probably from previous tenants, so we never used it.
5. Oh,finally, there was only one roll of Toilet Paper for 6 nights, so we had to buy extra.
That is it.
The location is excellent, close to subway stations and the Central Park, not to mention the Natural History Museum.
The apartment is very comfortable, easily fitting two couples in the special two-double-beds.
Clean and nicely soft towels were available, and the bathroom has a nice shower. There are heaters in the bathroom and in the room, close to the bed. This made the room nice and warm when outside we had below freezing temperatures (around -4°C).
For those that might find useful, there is a nice TV with cable, and good image quality. We did not use it too much because most of our time was either spent sleeping or outside, wondering around NYC.
Definitely recommend the place to others, and might as well come back in some warmer time, maybe spring time.
Special thanks to Sally's attention, as a nice hostess. Although we never had contact in person, there was always good communication with us, whenever we needed to exchange any kind of information.
Localização excelente, próxima a estações de metrô e do Central Park, bem como do Museu de História Natural.
O apartamento é bastante confortável, comportando facilmente dois casais em suas duas camas de casal especiais, tipo beliche.
Toalhas de banho limpas e macias estavam disponíveis, e o banheiro tinha um excelente chuveiro. Existe um aquecedor no banheiro e um no quarto, próximo à cama. Isto deixava o quarto bastante confortável, enquanto do lado de fora o ambiente estava com temperaturas congelantes (cerca de -4°C).
Para aqueles que encontrem utilidade, havia uma boa TV com canais a cabo, e excelente qualidade de imagem. Nós não a utilizamos muito, por que a maior parte do nosso tempo no apartamento foi somente para dormir, e o resto para explorar a cidade de Nova Iorque.
Definitivamente recomendo este lugar para outros, e regressarei em outra ocasião, talvez durante a primavera, para aproveitar tempo mais ameno.
Gostaria de deixar agradecimentos especiais para a atenção da nossa anfitriã Sally. Apesar de não termos feito contato pessoalmente, houve durante todo o tempo boa comunicação entre nós, em todos os momentos que se fazia necessária alguma troca de informação.
The apartment has a great location and is comfortable as a place to rest your head. We had a few issues though.
1. Some people claiming to be architects tried to gain entrance to our apartment, saying that Sally gave them the keys. We called Sally to confirm but she didn't answer. We left a message that she did not reply to. We were very scared to think she had given the keys to our flat to strangers without forewarning us. We had valuables in the apartment (computers, phones, camera) and no safe to stow them in.
2. There were no pots and pans for cooking, we had to buy a fry pan.
3. The bath clogged then began spewing foul, dirty water back up the plug. We called Sally, again no answer and no reply to our messages. We ended up being unable to shower for the last few days of our trip as Sally seemed to have no concern for her guests or for maintaining her apartment.
Overall, good location but if you have problems you're on your own.
This apartment is in a great (website hidden) seems like a safe neighbourhood. Close to Central Park-ideal to go jogging in the morning. The metro stop is only 2 streets down and also the museum of natural history is very close by-which is definitely worth going to.the laundrette is on the corner and there is a small supermarket a few minutes walk on Columbus ave. if you don't want to cook-the kitchen is tiny-there are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity. My main issue was the shower. It chucks out scolding hot water for 2 minutes then goes cold and I just couldn't get it (website hidden) the last day it was just cold water coming out.also there was a problem with the bath drain that I reported to Sally,but didn't hear back from her if she was going to get it sorted. We had no problems picking up the keys up the road.we never met Sally though.the widows are single glazed,so be prepared for some weekday traffic noise-the weekend was was quiet.the apartment is lovely and warm to come back to after sightseeing all day in the cold winter.