Response from Art:
Jason is an example of everything you can do wrong with your Airbnb experience. He had many things to complain about and found what he thought were numerous issues, but never checked in with me during his stay to address what he thought were issues. Communication is key with Airbnb and he did not bother to contact us at all. Out of numerous reviews for our apartments, this is the only review that is completely negative. And many of the statements are completely false.
Please read our other reviews to get an accurate picture of the apartment. Here is a line by line response to many of his false statements. There are some issues that do need resolution and we have resolved those as we do with all constructive feedback from guests.
1. Airbnb pictures - were taken by (website hidden). They send a professional photographer to do the pictures. The pictures are accurate and are of the exact same apartment.
2. Stove - yes the stove needs to be repaired. And we have that scheduled, but not sure why he needed all 4 burners for a 3 night stay. Regardless this is being fixed.
3. Windows - the windows either have their own curtains or are stained.
4. Fan - he said the fan in the bedroom doesn’t work. He could have just called me so I could bring him another fan controller. Which is all you need to control the fan. The previous guest placed the controller in a drawer in the kitchen, which we found later.
5. Skillet with a loose handle - again something I could have remedied immediately if he just would have called me. A brand new pan and pot have been added to the apartment.
6. A/C - An additional AC unit is not needed. There are two huge fans in the room, the apartment is on the lowest floor and has an air conditioner.
7. Entry Light - Entry light has no issues. THIS IS A COMPLETELY FALSE STATEMENT.
8. TV - The television clearly states the ON button which is labeled on the television, he could have called to get assistance for this and never did. This is also addressed in a manual we leave in the apartment.
9. THERE ARE NO NYMPHS OR CENTIPEDES OR NYMPHS IN THE APARTMENT. The apartment receives a thorough cleaning every visit. THIS IS A COMPLETELY FALSE STATEMENT.
10. Other Guests - we allowed another guest to leave their bags IN A DIFFERENT APARTMENT. The guests accidentally went to the apartment he was renting. And should have not tried to put their bags there. Again something that could have been resolved if he would have contacted me, I would have just told him that they aren’t supposed to go to that apartment. Problem solved, but couldn’t be solved without communication.
11. Table - this has been replaced. I haven’t used the table in a while, so we rely on guests to let us know about issues like this. Again, another thing Jason could have pointed out to us, we would have resolved immediately, but never bothered to contact us.