Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Tropical Paradise Residence is for those willing an accommodation in a place where serenity and calm reigns. An ideal family vacation destinatnion that is also suitable for couples.
Cyril has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Apartment match photo. very nice view! Located on a steep hill. friendly staff. uncomfortable beds, they have sharp wooden headrests. Lack of basic necessary accessories like a broom, ironing board, salt, napkins, water is a disadvantage.
The apartment is very nice: clean, spacious, with a huge balcony. There is a small but nice pool next to the house. I recommend!
From the first look the apartment was good, large and clean, with comfortable double beds and an aircons in every bedroom, and with a nice terrace with a table and two recliners.
The location was advertised as Lamai, but the apartment was in the middle of nowhere and Lamai beach is actually around 3-4km away The closest beach is Crystal Bay (10 -15 min walk), not Lamai.
We got a motorbike, so we did not care.
We found out that the sea view photo called "luxury apartment ko samui" has no relation to the complex! There is neither sea view nor any other nice view from any of the apartments in the complex - you can see only walls of other buildings.
- Unlike in other places we got only quite used towels and no hand towels
- There was no soap of any kind, toilet papers, papers towels and etc
- At the terrace mattresses were torn and dirty
- I alerted the host before booking that I need a very good internet connection, so the host assured me that internet is very good and they have 3 different access points. In fact the connection was awful with 2-10Kb per second most of the time, and it was a real issue to connect to the access points every time I needed it.
- soundproofing was awful - you can hear all traffic from the road, and every move of your neighbors
- we wanted to alter our reservation and were ready to give 1 week notice and pay 50% of the rent as it is described at airbnb, however Cyril rejected it and said that we shall get part of our money back only if he finds another guests for the apartment. And of course he did not.
We contacted the owner, Cyril, ahead of time with our exact day and time of arrival. The property manager was completely unaware, confused and disorganized. He openly said he had no idea what was going on when we arrived.
- the inside was large, bright, and clean
- no hot water for 2 days
- no gas. stove didn’t work for 3 days, had to ask for them to fix it twice as their fist attempt failed
- only two old towels were provided, no hand towels, no extras
- there was only 1 top sheet on the bed and two dirty old pillows
- there was a smoke stench in the hallway which came through the gaping hole between the front doors
- loud doors slamming all night
- laundry service turned some of our clothes from white to gray
- toilet wouldn't flush, had to ask to have it fixed
- place was void of anything useful, there was one roll of paper towels, one roll of toilet paper, no soap of any kind was provided and the owner knew we’d be there for 2 weeks. We bought paper towels, TP, and soap
- pool tiny and ugly
- location terrible. Deck has view of the side of buildings and all you can hear is loud traffic
- all the TV channels were blurry
- you have to climb 3 flights of stairs to get to the unit
- the bedroom’s windows face another unit
- there is a infrared surveillance camera in the living room.
- the location was advertised as Lamai. Lamai beach is actually 3k away. you have to walk on a busy road to get there. The closest beach is Crystal Bay, which was a very nice beach.
- when I asked for help with all of the items listed, the property manager blamed the previous owner for the unit’s short-comings. While this may be true, we were paying customers and didn’t care.
- owner and manager fixed many things, but the overall issues still existed and left early
- We looked up the cancellation policy on Airbnb and saw that it was flexible. We contacted Cyril, the owner, to tell him we were going to alter our reservation and that we wanted to leave early. He did not approve the change of reservations so we ended up paying for an extra night because we had to cancel. Because of this, I felt that letting others who might potentially consider staying here to steer clear of this apartment and its owner. We tried to communicate with him so he would approve the change, but he didn’t.
Overall, we resented paying money for a place that wasn’t functional. We traveled all the way to Thailand and rented an apartment from Cyril that was completely stripped down of anything useful or comfortable. The location, the actual unit, the complex, and the owner’s disorganization were problematic. We made a mistake by staying here.