Two great Roomies that love having guests. We bartend and do real estate and enjoy life. Most of our guests turn out to be our friends.
Justin And Jess has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
I will list the pro's and con's of this place. Unfortunately, the reviews of this place are not very accurate - that or the people staying there live in unfit conditions.
- Great location! - really cannot be beat. 2 blocks from the L line, lots of restaurants and bars.
- Cat was cute.
- Justin was VERY responsive regarding checking in - even though he was out of town.
- As a couple sharing a full sized bed, it squeaked A LOT. Every little move. springs in your back. The bed was also the only thing clean in the entire apartment.
- Though the cat was cute, the entire house smelled like cat / cat pee. The smell slaps you in the face right when you walk in. The litter box was literally overflowing with bricks the day we arrived. Kitty litter was all over the floor. Even in the kitchen there is a strong cat urine smell. Its VERY heavy in the air and all of our clothes smelled when we left.
- The room was a decent size but had NO air circulation - even with a ceiling fan. I realize a lot of NYC apartments do not have central air, but given that this room had no window it was VERY VERY VERY hot. The ceiling fan did nothing but blow around the dust bunny's that were all over the bed room. Two people sleeping in the full sized bed, with NO air circulation was a miserable experience.
- The bathroom, in all honesty, was atrocious. Chunks of rust (or what I hope was rust) in the tub, missing tiles, rust / red mildew build up on the walls in the shower, dirty DIRTY floors, and an open ceiling area that had long strings of dust hanging down from it. I am not sure why they would bother showering at all. The shower knob falls off and its hard to maneuver the water temperature - which sucks because you are trying to get in and get out as fast as possible. My boyfriend actually unclogged the tub by pulling out hair. Surprisingly, even though the rest of the bathroom was decrepit the shower curtain was very clean. I debated finding a local gym in the area just to shower there.
- We were welcomed to use the kitchen, pots, etc. but passed (dining out in NYC obviously but also because the kitchen was pretty dirty). There was green mold growing on the kitchen faucet and I am pretty sure the cat is peeing in the sink. We went to fill up our water bottle and it reeked of urine.
Overall - this place is more suitable for Couch Surfers than Airbnb'rs. For the price, its okay if you are just in and out (not showering and not staying more than 1 day).
Response from Justin And Jess:
wow....Never had a review like that before. Cat Pee in the sink? Not really. No wonder she only has 29 (website hidden) friends. Makes sense
I had a great time in Justin and Jess place, and am very thankful they hosted me during my stay in NY. The apartment is located in the heart of Williamsburg, just like they say in the add, the best block to be. Great coffee places around, restaurants, shops and bars. And conveniently close to subway. Jess is sweet beautiful girl, and Justin is such a welcome and bright positive person. Very good energy coming from them.
They hosted me in the bigger room, the bed was very comfortable, I had privacy and felt very safe. Although the lack of windows made the room a little hot on warm night. But no big deal if you are on the mood.
Their place has a brotherhood atmosphere and brought me back to my days in college. Was a fun experience!
PS.: Paws is just the most cute cat, and you will enjoy to come back home and have it purring and meowing to you, saying "welcome back!" <3
My boyfriend and I stayed here for around five days and had a nice experience. The room is very small but well-maintained with a weirdly comfortable bed. We both have friends & family in the city and might not recommend this room to someone who doesn't; as mentioned, it's a pretty small space and might not be ideal for someone who needs to spend a lot of time unwinding and chilling out after a long NYC day. Definitely better-suited to someone who just needs a space to crash. The cat was very cute and loveable; I didn't spend a ton of time with the hosts but when we crossed paths they were lovely and personable. The location is excellent and the Cuban place a few doors down has amazing iced coffee. Very convenient location.
It's a great location. Can't be beat.
Justin and Jess are super welcoming. Like the other reviews said, the room has no windows and is a bit small.
I very much enjoyed my three nights stay in Jess and Justin's lovely apartment in Brooklyn. The two are really nice and helpful. They made special arrangements for me to pick up the key late (which involved a free (email hidden), thanks again!) The location in trendy Williamsburg is fantastic! The bars and shops around Bedford St. are in walking distance and so are McCarren Park, the flea market in East River State Park, and the waterfront. The apartment is nice and convenient, with a shared kitchen, sofas and TV. Not to mention Paws, the super friendly cat. The wifi is pretty fast. The room is small but clean and quiet. It features a comfy double bed as well as a wardrobe cabinet with shelves and hangers. There is no window, but a ceiling fan. I would definitely stay there again.
I stayed a week at Justin and Jess - and it was great! So thanks a lot! They are really friendly & great hosts! If you like, you can have a beer or two with them - if you prefer a more quite stay, it's also not a problem.
The location is very nice: bars, cafes, delis and groceries everywhere around - a short walk to the subway that takes you to Manhattan in a couple of minutes and only one block away from the East River Ferry. The room's size is large enough, the only minus is a missing window - but due to a ceiling fan and an aircon for the flat it's not a problem!
Thank you so much and see ya!
We had a great stay in brooklyn. definitely, the room is very small, but no matter, the apartment has a perfect location, you're always on the go anyway. best in their own quartier ....
justin and jes are absolutely nice and funny, you feel very welcome.
Thank you very much!
Simone and Tamara
Stayed at Justin and Jess's Gallery in Brooklyn for three days. Both Justin and Jess are really friendly, and the location is perfect! They also have a supercozy cat with 12 toes. Definitely recommend it!
great location, cool people!
Very convenient location in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Close to subway, stores and coffee. The actual room was very small, no windows, and mirrored closet with clean sheets. Bathroom was a bit grimy and small which was shared with the hosts. Not the most comfortable stay but Justin was an awesome host and Paws, the cat was the best! If you're visiting to run around the city and just need a place to crash then this is a great deal!
Justin and Jess were great guests! They were easy to communicate with, friendly, and very respectful of our home. We would welcome them back anytime.
Enjoyed meeting & having in our home for a brief stay. Best wishes & thank you. :)
Justin and his friends were number one guests! They even left me a present when they checked out, which was so sweet of them! :) It was a great experience having them as my guests, I would recommend them to all airbnb hosts but I hope they will choose me again when visiting Budapest next time too :)
Wonderful guest: communication was clean and concise, the rules of the house were respected and the room was left in good condition. I was not around much during Justin's stay, but from what I gather, all went well. Nice guy. Perfect scores in every category