I'm originally from London and my wife is from Trinidad & Tobago. We moved to Manuel Antonio (after only a two week holiday) in 2010 and haven't looked back since.
We enjoyed our stay at Tariq's condo. In particular, we loved the location (10 min walk from the beach, or short bus ride), the view (really can't get any better -- the photos don't do it justice, and the convenience (it's near many businesses on the main road, including the excellent Cafe Milagro.) Tariq was mostly out of town during our stay, but his friend Martin was very helpful and answered a few questions we had (thanks Martin!) This is a good place to self-cater -- we mostly cooked our own breakfast and lunch. If you're here on a Friday or Saturday, check out the excellent farmer's market in Quepos.
One minor downside is the pool, which wasn't that great. But since you're 10 mins from one of the great beaches on the entire planet, who cares -- go to the beach instead!!!
We would definitely come back!
My girlfriend and I decided to visit Costa Rica for a week and we are very particular about accommodation. Not only was Tariq helpful and inviting, the villa was clean and full of amenities for cooking, power outages, and showers/pool. We saw frogs, iguanas, and birds right out the window and monkeys have been known to pass bye. We spent most of out days at the beach, and in the evening there were loads of great restaurants within walking distance. The bus to the beach was easy to use and about 50centa a person. I recommend Tariq as a host and Manuel Antonio as a destination! We will be back
Thanks Tariq! Pura Vida
I stayed ten days in this apartment.
+ 1 million dollar view of the ocean
+ A balcony/terrace big enough to have breakfast or work or do yoga. Could spend the whole day there.
+ nice and tasteful furniture
+ a lot of space
+ Tariq and Faheeda are very friendly and helpful
+ There's a cleaning queen :-)
+ You find some basic food supply in the kitchen (milk, coffee, bread) which I found very nice.
+ There're also spices, salt, oil, coffee filters etc. So you don't have to bring all that stuff.
+ Restaurants, Cafés and a small supermarket nearby
+ I could walk to my language school
+ You can walk to the beach (30 mins downhill), but have to take a taxi/colectivo/bus to get back. Busstop is very close by.
+/- I had some problems with power cuts, no Internet connection and even a day without water. None of them was Tariq's fault. The whole area was affected. Tariq and Faheeda helped as much as they could. A warning would have been nice.
- Yes, there are insects in the apartment. But it's in the jungle after all. You'll get used to them. There's spray and the geckos help, too.
- No, it's not very quiet, but reasonalby okay.
- Stairs! A lot of stairs and very steep.
- The bed is noisy and cracks everytime you turn. I got used to it.
Conclusion: I loved it. I'd book it again. Go for it unless you have problems with climbing stairs.
Response from Tariq:
Thanks for the feedback. A new bed is on order!
See you next year.
Thank you! The apartment was great, the location perfect and all the help made it easy. I really appreciated the arranging of a seamless late night ride all the way from San Jose! Everything was as expected and just a side note, the local bus was super easy for transportation to the beach, park, and Quepos.
Great place to stay!
Great Place. Tariq meet us and provided us with a quick summary of the area. Very easy to get around from this location, The room we had did not have a direct ocean view, but a quick walk up the stairs and the view was great. Great food all around the place and getting anywhere is super simple from this location.
Tariq was a great host and the place was fantastic!
We were greeted in person when we arrived, and given great advice about the local community and things to do in Manuel Antonio.
The place was amazing, clean with a great view, and in a location that was convenient to the buses, shops and a few good cafés and restaurants. We even got a set of beach towels to take down to beautiful Manuel antonio beach
Thanks again for the great stay Tariq!
The apartment at Villas El Parque is beautiful! It is very well maintained, well furnished, clean and the bed was very comfortable!
It has a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean and is within walking distance of many good restaurants and conveniences. The wifi and is fast and convenient which was great as we were able to keep up with events happening back home in the US. Tariq was very helpful and gave us suggestions of where to go and what to do. We were visiting Manuel Antonio for our Anniversary and this apartment helped make it a special trip.
Overall, I would give this property an A+. I would definitely rent it again and recommend it to others!
Tariq and his wife were extremely warm and welcoming, happy to help in any way. That was just a bonus because the apartment is PERFECT for 2 (maybe 3) people: fantastic porch with a view, well-equipped apartment, extremely clean, and in a perfect location. I've been to Manuel Antonio at least 15 times and the location of this place is exactly what you want: not far from beach for the day, but close to all the great bars and restaurants for the evening. 100% recommend this place and Tariq, and 100% returning.
Tariq is a gracious host with a studio in an absolutely perfect location. I have no reservations recommending him or this location.
There are a few items to note for those interested:
1. This is not a "home" it's always used as a rental so it's essential empty of personal affects. This is good - and also challenging as there were few towels, cooking supplies. It feels "empty". If you like places that feel like a home this isn't it.
2. We had the misfortune of a couple days with intermittent power. That's just how it is in Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio area. No big deal, but if I'd known I would have brought a headlamp.
3. The internet is pretty good. It drops out here and there but no big deal. Staff of the net - go surf!
4. Parking on site is secure and easy to use.
5. One of the best hidden beaches (Biesanz) is right down the road. Playa Dominicalito, Matapalo, and Bellano are a close drive. We went to a new beach each day.
6. There's a restaurant above the apartment complex. It's really solid!
7. Breakfast is served at the pool each day for $5. It's also great.
8. There's laundry service on site - it costs $10.
9. The shower water is hot and pressure is good.
10. The unit is OVERLY sunny. You'll be woken up each day by the sun pounding into the kitchen windows. That was find for us - we wanted to be up and out early every day.
11. The fridge broke while we were there but Tariq was super responsive and sent over a repair guy.