I am a professional working in Amsterdam since 2005. I love to cook, photography, traveling, world news, and nature.
Had a great but very brief stay at Luna's in the heart of Amsterdam. Great location to explore from if you feel like walking. If you dont feel like walking there are plenty of eating and drinking places near by and a canal out the front door. Only one flight up, the room is in the back so its pretty quiet. The bed was very comfortable too and the flat is really cute. It is a HOME with all the pros and cons. Cozy, informal, homey, but you will have to tolerate thin walls, creaky floors, shared bath and toilet. That said, the inhabitants are very respectful and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Luna was especially friendly and helpful, meeting me at the train station and giving me a brief tour and some history of the area. Perfect for a first glance of the city. She also provided me with breakfast food and coffee. Thanks Luna for making me feel so welcome, safe and comfortable.
We stayed in the double room for 4 nights. There was another couple in the apartment with us- subletting the other room while Luna was away.
1. The flat was adorrable and spacy, located in the center of the city with great view and in walking distance to all the attractions.
2. Although Luna was away, the communication with her before our arrival in Amsterdam was perfect and warm- she explained perfectly how to get to the apartment and sent us a map marked with all the attractions arround & her notes on it.
1. There wasn't any breakfast.
2. There were'nt any coffee or tea- we had to buy our own.
3. Toliet paper- we were told by the other couple we should buy our own toilet paper.
4. There was no door to the shower- there was a curtain- which obviously disturb the privacy and didn't keep the bathroom warmth.
5. The walls are extremely thin- we sharred a wall with the other couple, hearing whatever they said / did / watched in their laptops. We are sure they heared us too and did not feel comfortable about it at all.
6. The door of our room did not close tightly- we had to push it hard- which made noise to the sleeping couple next to us in the middle of the night / morning and if we didn't pay attention to it- the door would just open and expose us.
just perfect...absolutely recommendable:-)
Luna is incredible. She is a great host, is very accommodating, and is an open communicator - just the thing for planning your lodgings with a stranger. She lives in an excellent location and has you feeling at home within minutes. Highly recommended.
This was a great place to stay, and while the location was excellent, Luna's knowledge of the city and helpfulness was equally good. She even came to meet me when I arrived -- in the middle of a howling rainstorm. It was an excellent experience start to finish, and I'd definitely stay again.
I spent 3 nights by Larae in August 2012. The flat is beautiful and located along one of the street-canal which is part, nowadays, of the smartest district in Ams: Jordan. Larae is very fiendly and make you feel like at home! she also organizes some city stroll tours which are very interesting and well recommended! Definitely I will stay by Larae next time in the city!
The house is very nice and confortable. I see Larae just when I arrived and she was very kind with me and my boyfriend, The view from the windows is simply amazing, the neighborhood is very quiet and the position is optimal. If I will return in Amsterdam I'm sure I'll stay there again!
The reservation was canceled 9 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 6 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This is a great place to stay in Amsterdam! The house is an easy walk from the train station and on a beautiful canal.
The host is lovely and very social. We arrived and had a fantastic dinner with a group of interesting and friendly people. She was able to provide us with suggestions on what to do and where to go. She was also willing to work around our very late check-in and early check-out.
The room was very small (she warned us) and there isn't a lot of privacy in the bathroom since it is shared, but the house is very cool and unique. We loved the feel of the place. It really feels like you are staying with "real" locals who happen to speak perfect English!
We would definitely stay there again in the future and happily have the host to our house if/when she visited our city.
Great communication, easy to deal with, punctual, clean. Ideal guest!