Phone Number(▒▒▒) ▒▒▒- ▒▒ 98
Offline IDPersonal Info
- University of North Florida
- Lenger Financial
- Steven's Airbnb Symbol
I work in the finance industry in the U.S. in portfolio management and financial planning. I have been very lucky with my flexibility and have been able to work remotely for a while now. As long as I have good internet and my laptop I can work anywhere in the world. In a attempt to make the most of my situation I sold everything I own back home, packed a carry-on size backpack with all my bare essentials and left. I want to see as much of the world as I can over the next few years. I consider myself a "Minimalist, Digital Nomad", a fancy way of saying almost homeless and sleeping in a gutter. Because of this arrangement the only things I can take with me from the places I visit are the pictures, memories and friendships made.
How I Travel?
Slow. I do this for 3 reasons; 1: I get to spend more time in each city and take in more of the experience. 2: Work takes up a decent amount of my week day and I need the extra time. 3: Save money on travel costs! Plane & train tickets are pricey.
Where I like living:
A list of the things I look for in a room...
1. In a Non-Touristy Area: I want to try and live a normal life the best I can. Being a tourist everyday, all day, wears me out. Also, all the good food and bars charge local prices.
2. Mass Transit Nearby: Need a easy way to get around.
3. GOOD INTERNET: This one trumps all others. I need a decent connection for my work. This may be more important than food or running water.
4. Interesting Host: I want to live in a place with interesting people and learn something about the local lifestyle.
Favorite Show: Upright Citizens Brigade
How I am as a guest:
I like to think of myself as more of a short-term roommate. I keep a daily work schedule during the weekdays where I am staying. So I spend a fair amount of time in the area I am renting. During these times I am very quiet and focused on my work. During my off time I like to relax a bit and maybe do some sight seeing.
"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time" André Gide