I'm an Australian tech entrepreneur living between London and San Francisco and I travel a lot for work. I'm easy to get along with, tidy and considerate. I love food, and spending time with friends!
I had an awful experience with this booking. I will just be factual here:
- The listing is in a convenient location, in a nice building that I've stayed in before.
- The host was very communicative and responsive leading up to the booking. She even sent a reminder with check-in details the day before. I appreciated all this.
- We were due to check-in on a Friday, for a total of 9 nights.
- When we arrived on the Friday, there was no envelope for us (contrary to instructions). We eventually got into the apartment via a key intended for the cleaner.
- We entered a messy and filthy apartment. It had not been cleaned since the last guest left.
- We managed to locate the cleaner's number. She said she had been told to come in on the following Monday. She also said she was out of town and could not come in earlier.
- We called the host, who was in London. It was then 10pm her time. She did not pick up.
- We filed a report with Airbnb Customer Support. Airbnb tried calling the host as well. This was at about 6am London time. I don't know if Airbnb called a US or UK number. In any case, she did not pick up.
- We sent a message to the host on Friday night SF time.
- The host responded only on Monday afternoon SF time. I will just quote what she said:
"Massive apologies for not being in touch, my assistant has been bed bound with flu so I only heard about this today.
I can only apologise for the miss in communication, my friend who stayed in the flat last week was supposed to contact XXXXX (my cleaner) to come in but she didn't communicate the dates appropriately.
Of course I will give you the full refund and I really hope you can accept my sincere apologies to both you and your wife, if you ever choose to travel to San Francisco again and need somewhere to stay I will make sure I give you a discounted rate."
I'm not going to comment on the host's explanation. Suffice to say I will never stay here again, at whatever price.
Lovely little apartment. So close to everything. Went to see a San Francisco Giants baseball game on a Monday night just because it was so close!
Great host and fantastic apt. My new go-to in SF!
Great apartment, great value. We stayed in the apartment for a 10 nights, with a 4 months old baby, and it was exactly what we were looking for. The apartment is as shown in the pics, quite roomy, and very comfortable. 15-20 min walk to the city center, and to the moscone convention center. 10 minutes drive to pier 39 (and an easy 1 hr walk). A safeway right under the complex, which we used all the time.
It felt like a reasonably safe area, I walked alone with the baby.
Alicia was very quick to respond in mail, and easy going.
What a nice experience! Alicia's apartment is just beautiful, comfy and has all appliances for comfort life and more! There is safeway grocery store just down the stairs, lots of bars nearby and ATTpark. The apartment is located in best area in SoMa, close to financial district, spectacular embercadero and 280/101 freeways. Alicia is wonderful host and very welcoming! I would love to book her apartment again and again!
Alicia answered emails quickly and had a hassle free check in. Left the apartment in a tidy state. Great guest
Alicia's colleague, Hardip, was an absolute delight. She was clean, courteous and overall a lovely person.
Alicia is a wonderful guest. You will be lucky to host her. She is very sweet and a problem solver. I wish she would visit again.
It was a delight to have Alicia stay at my place. She was friendly & clean and like myself always working.