Visit create.airbnb.com »
Currently doing my MBA at INSEAD, France
Keen traveller and big fan of cerebral films and live music.
I would like to provide some honest feedback about my experience at this apartment. While there is a lot to love about this apartment, there are also some potential flaws that people should be aware of when deciding whether to stay.
Lets start with the positive:
1) LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. This apartment is mere STEPS from the marina, and all of the nightlife (bars, restaurants, clubs) that goes with it. A short walk over is the beach where you can eat lunch at a restaurant, or rent a deck chair. Underground parking is also mere steps away (it is very expensive at around 30 euros/night, but I think that's standard for puerto banus)
2) Beautiful terrace. The picture does not lie - the view is stunning, and LLewelyn has done a great job furnishing it to make it very comfortable. We spent many an hour there.
But then, the negatives (and there are a few):
1) Coordinating arrival can be a bit challenging. Llewelyn is out of the country (I believe) so key pick up has to be coordinated via a porter. There is no way to contact the porter directly, and Llewelyn often responds to emails after a delay of up to several days, so there is a good chance you are stuck waiting to get in. I waited for over an hour when I arrived. Generally speaking, the lack of timely responses from Llewelyn, and no good way to contact the people directly (the only phone number i was given was a UK number which went straight to voicemail all day) is a bit of a pain, and was the source of much frustration and stress for me. Note than when he did respond, he was very pleasant and helpful - he offered some good advice on restaurants to eat at.
2) The apartment, when we arrived, was a bit dirty - there was sand in the bathroom sink and no toilet paper. In addition, the four-person apartment only had two bathing-sized towels.
3) No air conditioner. Its not unbearably hot at night (in September when i visited), but a/c would have been a god send in the mid afternoon heat. Fans were provided in each bedroom, which helped a bit.
4) The bedrooms are TINY. This place feels like it used to be a 1 bedroom with someone at some point putting a wall in the middle. One bedroom has a king size bed, and the other has a full and an uncomfortable day bed. If you travel with a group of four single friends, it might not be the most comfortable. Also, we weren't able to get the window open in one of them.
5) The apartment is a bit run down (there are small golf ball-sized holes in the bathroom ceiling).
Tout d abord nous sommes arrive et malheureusement nous sommes resté attendre plus de 3 heures pour recevoir les clefs.
De plus sur les choses presente dans l appartement il est precisé une climatisation alors qu il y a seulement des ventilateurs.
De plus l appartement est mal entretenue , lunette de cuvette cassée en deux, bidet qui ne fonctionne pas goutte d eau tombant du plafond. Pas de lumiere dans une des chambres, bref je ne vois meme pas pourquoi demander une caution pour un appartement entretenu de la sorte.
Le seul plus c est que l appartement est tres bien situé mais bref ce n est pas le plus important.
had a great time in this apartment! The apartment was exactly as shown in the pictures!
The view is amazing & totally worth it.
The apartment is in a great location in Puerto Banus, less than a minute walk to the main port area of bars and restaurants. The balcony has a great view across the port - perfect to sit out and have a few drinks before heading out to dinner.
The rest of the apartment is quite traditionally decorated and was clean on arrival. There were towels available for us to use which was great. One of the bedrooms is quite small (a normal double bed rather than a king) which was quite cozy and would probably be better suited to a couple rather than two friends (as was the case for us), but it was fine for a long weekend.
We arrived on a late flight into Malaga, but this wasn't a problem, as Llewelyn had arranged for the concierge to let us in when we arrived into Puerto Banus. The apartment felt safe and secure.
Would definitely stay again - great value for money.
Second time in this apartment - nice, spacious and a perfect view!
Absolutely gorgeous apartment in the very centre of Puerto banus! Could not have been in a better location or a more beautiful apartment! Stunning views from the comfortable terrace and all the amenities you would want provided except for wifi which is available from local restaurants if you need it! Unbelievable value for money!!
We stayed for 10 days in Llewelyn's apartment in Puerto Banus. We enjoyed every minute of being there and the apartment was perfect. It had everything we needed and more. We spend every night on the balcony which had the most spectacular view. We would definitely stay here again.
My friends and I had an amazing time at Llewelyn's place in Puerto Banus. This was our first experience in Marbella and we had a blast. The location is amazing - right in the center of all the bars/restaurants/clubs. The best feature of the apartment is by far the terrace overlooking the port, with great views of the water and yachts. There were plenty of towels to shower and for the beach and the washing machine and iron came in very handy!
The apartment is located very close to a large supermarket, which was great for getting some supplies for snacks and drinks out on the terrace. There is no wifi and we weren't able to connect to any network, so keep this is in mind if you need to be online. In terms of sleeping (which we didn't do much of :) ) the beds were quite comfortable and the shutters definitely helped block out the Spanish sun.
Llewelyn is not in town, but it was very easy to get into the apartment as the keys were left with the doorman. Llewelyn was very responsive and provided detailed responses to my questions and immediately addressed a small concern we had.
The best apartment in marbella! I will stay at the same place next time i come! Love love love
Great apartment. Perfect location. Host was excellent communicator - We had an issue with the hot water in the bathroom that was resolved immediately.
Llewelyn was a great guest. He left house clean and in perfect order. It was easy to coordinate with him check in and check out. I deffinitly recommend him as a guest.
Very nice guests...
My pleasure to meet Llewelyn, fantastic guest, we have perfect comunication, my apartment stay in excelent condition, my very high recommendation.