Sometimes, I like lists.
- Born and raised in Chicago. I've left my city many times for periods of time but always come back, I love it!
- I'm a do-it-yourself gal. You name it - grow it, cook it, create it, fix it... I like doing work with my hands
- Travel style? Always try to do it on the cheap, but most importantly in ways that will lead me to long hangouts with people from the place I'm visiting. Love talking with people, hearing stories and other perspectives... I've travelled mostly in Latin America, and lived in Mexico for over a year.
- New favorite hobby - beekeeping! Just finished my first honey harvest this week!
- Love to cook and eat with people I love.
Hosting Style? I provide all the basics for you to feel at home, just trying to provide a relaxing space where my guests can feel comfortable and cozy. I really enjoy it when guests feel like they have a place where they can feel at home, no matter the length of the stay. Understanding that this is a shared living space, I strive for a mutual understanding of respecting everyone's privacy. If time allows for both parties, I can definitely be down to take guests out and about, showing them the best hole-in-the-wall spots to eat, drink, see architectural treasures, parks, beaches, etc. I grew up in Chicago and love showing my city off when I get the chance to.
Katie has completed online and offline ID verification.