My partner, Erik, and I live in a wonderful area of San Francisco and absolutely love our city. We are both working professionals in our early 30s and late 20s. We live in a 100+ year old Edwardian home, formally single family now split into 4 flats, of which we live on the second floor. Our home has been almost completely updated in the last several years but still holds lots of charm with touches such as crown-molding and high ceilings throughout. We share our home with our two small terriers but would like to avoid guest pets. We have maid service prior to each guest's arrival to ensure a comfortable, clean environment.
Our taste is a little more refined than you would typically expect from that of our age group -- an eclectic mix of clean, modern lines with vintage pieces that bring tons of character. Our home is a mix of old and new and is meant to be lived in and for making life-long memories. We have a keen eye for design and have spent many long days making our home a true reflection of our personalities and personal style which is constantly evolving. We love to host guests and entertain. I think you will see that we adore our home and hope you will on your stay as well!
Our neighborhood is technically in Pacific Heights by many local maps, but often referred to as Presidio Heights which is an upscale pocket neighborhood tucked between the Presidio National Park and Laurel Heights. The neighborhood is a mix of old money, working professionals and young affluent families. Great for walking, with several parks in the vicinity (Alta Plaza, Lafayette, the Presidio). In our immediate area there are fabulous restaurants such as Ella's (one of the best brunch spots in the city), Garibaldi's (a fine dining eatery open 7 nights a week which has a wonderful happy hour), Eliza's (delicious elevated Asia cuisine), Tataki (sustainable sushi -- some of the best I have ever had), Spruce (one of the hottest Michelin Star restaurants in the country), Pizzeria Delfina (an approachable quick-food version of the famous original, Delfina) to name few. Fillmore and Divisadero streets both house many wonderful restaurants, wine bars and cafes in addition to these. Fillmore is also known for its boutique shopping and houses recognizable brands such as Marc Jacobs, Betsy Johnson, Ralph Lauren and Jonathan Adler, as well as shops by small, locally-owned designers.
* Sunny 3 bedroom/1 bath 1100 sq ft flat with hard wood floors throughout and lots of large area rugs
* 2 functional bedrooms (1 king bed & 1 queen bed) -- 3rd bedroom was converted to a full dining room that seats 8
* Both mattresses were purchased in the last 2 years -- one is a Westin Heavenly and the other is a Simmons Beauty Rest, complete with luxury linens for a wonderful night's sleep
* Recently remodeled bathroom with tub and shower
* Full kitchen complete with full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, 4-burner gas stove and oven, Carrera marble island, and appliances such as a Kitchen-aid stand mixer, microwave, hand blender, Le Creuset Dutch oven, etc. Also has a full pantry for food storage.
* Laundry room with new front-loading Frigidaire washer and drier, and Rowenta iron and steamer
* Living room with 36 in television, Bose surround sound home theater, DVD, and extended cable package
* Master bedroom has 32 in flat screen TV, dvd player, free landline telephone phone and wireless internet (wi-fi)
* Shared garden/backyard to enjoy a lazy afternoon or meal
Accessibility (bus lines/Muni):
* One block from bus stops for: 1/1BX (BX is express bus downtown on weekdays from 7-9am), 2, 3, 43
* Three blocks from the 24 line
* Five blocks from the 38/38L lines (38L makes Limited stops during peak hours)
* Six blocks from the 22 line (can also take the 1, 2 or 3 to connect to this line)
** 15-20 minutes from downtown/Union Square shopping district on most east bound lines
** 15 minutes to Marina/Marina Green/Crissy Field Beach/Palace of Fine Arts on northbound lines or a short walk
** 15 minutes to Baker Beach on west bound lines; 25 minutes to Legion of Honor/Land's End
** 15 minutes to Haight Ashbury/Panhandle on south bound line; 20-25 minutes to Golden Gate Park/de Young/Academy of Sciences on
** 20 minutes to Castro/Noe Valley on south bound lines