I am originally from Minnesota living in NYC for nearly 6 years. I am educated, clean, and very happy to host you in my apartment!
Most importantly, I love to travel and see what the world has to offer.
Allison was a great host, her apartment was really convenient, nice and cozy. We had a great stay and would definitely stay at her place again ^_^
Very nice and cozy place Allison has. Well furnished and a comfortable bed. The location is great with lots of things to do close by (Shops, Bars, Central Park, Museums) and the metro station is literally a stone's through away, going downtown every couple minutes.
We haven't met Allison herself but all the arrangements were done properly and we've had no complaints during our stay. She answered all our questions and special requests immediately and was very helpful.
Génial puis en même temps nous étions jamais présent dans l'(website hidden)ès bien situé à 1-2 minutes du métro et à 10 minutes (à pieds) de Central Park. Meilleur lit dans lequel j'ai (website hidden)ès bien aménagé, moderne et propre, difficile de trouver mieux !
Merci à Allison pour sa disponibilité et sa générosité.
I stayed at Allison's for a weekend with two girlfriends. The apartment was fantastic for many reasons:
1) GREAT LOCATION - In the heart of the UES, just one block from the 4,5,6 subway stop, a quick 3 block jog to Central Park, the MET, the Neue Galerie and the Gugenheim
2) GREAT FOOD NEARBY - Very close to Tal Bagels, H&H bagels, Little Brown Café, Café Sabarsky, Poke Sushi and several other places we saw but didn't have time to check out. Also, the apartment is just over a liquor store which makes it convenient to grab a bottle of wine!
3) BEAUTIFUL MODERN APARTMENT - Allison has a lovely L-shaped couch great for lounging and unwinding. There's a very convenient circular Saarinen breakfast table with four chairs, and a fun rocking chair. The exposed brick walls and fireplace also made for a fun backdrop to our weekend trip.
4) VERY COMFORTABLE - Bathroom and Kitchen are not too big, not too small, the Kitchen has dishware and cutlery, etc, was perfect for bringing home some snacks and wine, but you could also easily cook there. The bedroom and Living room both have very large windows, nice to look out at the bustling city and also a decent amount of natural daylight comes into the apartment. The bed is very comfortable and there was plenty of room for suitcases.
5) VERY SWEET HOST - I met Allison a day before my stay, she invited me in, showed me around and handed the keys off to me before she headed out on vacation.
I can't think of a single thing wrong with this place, it was a perfect stay!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Allison's apartment which felt like a home from home. It's in a great neighbourhood and easy walking distance to subway. Great range of local shops and restaurants. The apartment is extremely well equipped for self catering which was excellent. Allison was kind enough to let us me use a superb air bed so my daughter could have the very comfortable bed! Also loved having Hugo, the cat, as very friendly host.
All arrangements and communication very easy. Highly recommended.
We arrived in NYC by night. We discovered the lovely flat of Allison. So nice well situated near the subway.
I will just never forget those 4 days i spent there.
If you are looking for a really nice flat in the UES, stop to search and book this one !
Allison is a great host and we had a great time staying in her apartment. It's situated perfectly in the Upper East Side so we had the feeling to be real New Yorkers!! We enjoyed our stay a lot and hope to come back very soon.
We stayed at the "Bright 1 Br apt on UES" which is on E88th Street, and we could not have had a better stay. We arrived late from New Zealand and Allison left the keys with a neighbour, who was lovely, as she was out of town.
The apartment is in an excellent location, close to everything you could need, express subway line and central park. We stayed 5 nights and found Allison to be lovely and accommodating (although we didn't meet in person), and the apartment to be more than comfortable - so much better than a hotel.
Our first experience with AirBnB will be hard to beat (and we'll never stay in a hotel again!). Thank you so much Allison!
We stayed in the apartment on 79th. We found problems with the key to the main gate but Allison came quickly to show us the 'knack' of opening it. Afterwards many neighbours helped us to unlock the gate because it was quite tricky for them and us. Low points were the sofa bed is the most uncomfortable sofa bed in the world full of many wooden slats (although the main bed is perfect). The upstairs air conditioning unit leaks water and drops onto our unit (metal lid) throughout the night, so it's very hard to sleep.
New York though is fantastic and we walked so many miles that exhaustion helped us to sleep. Other wise nice cosy little apartment, wouldn't stay there again but only because it was too far from Time Square and the subway on 77th.
Allison and Ola provided a good clean apartment with afew little extras and would definitely have them host us again (in an apartment closer to Time Sq). Thanks very much.
My husband and I stayed at 'Beauty Near The Park' from 23-30 May 2010. It is a lovely and bright apartment in a great location, only one block up and across from the 86th and Lexington subway station and surrounded by lots of places to eat. Also very close to Central Park and Museum Mile. The only downsides: can be a little noisy at night due to the air conditioning units outside (at ground level for the restaurants downstairs) and the kitchen is pretty basic - fridge and stove, but no kettle, toaster or microwave. Overall we enjoyed our stay and Allison was very helpful and accommodating.
Excellent guest...Left the place in great shape.
Allison and Ola are great New Yorkers, and wonderful hosts. I've known them for years, and have been a guest in their home countless times. Stay with them with complete confidence that their apartments are honestly presented, and that they'll do everything they can to make your visit to NY as low stress as possible.
Allison and Ola are two of my very good friends in NY who loves to travel. I can strongly recommend them as your guests, both as a couple but also individually. They are clean and responsible people who would always leave a place in the same condition as they first entered it. They are also very nice and fun people. You will not be disappointed.