I stand for delight. I connect, collaborate, and co-create. I believe that the way to create a world of playful creativity is through creative play itself.
I love to dance and move my body, alone or with a partner; make, share, and eat great food with friends; create and play games; make up and tell stories as a sole story-teller, or in collaboration; collaborate in general, especially around ways of creating a world in which everyone is delighted with life.
I love touch, texture, and textiles, and I love intoxicating scents. I love local, seasonal, sustainably-sourced food in the vernacular cuisine of the area where I'm eating. As a guest, I like to explore local restaurants that serve that sort of thing – or stay in and make my own food. As a host, I'm happy to help you do likewise, and if you stay with me for a little while I'm likely to make something delicious to share.
I love my home in Portland, Oregon, and I love to travel. I travel partly to remind myself how much the world is like itself, partly to connect with my scattered tribe of conscious dancing gamer foodie entrepreneurs; I often travel for "work," and fill my days attending conferences or facilitating trainings with those people. Sometimes I travel in search of a place to build my dream house, or "just to explore;" sometimes to revisit old favorite places like San Sebastián's tapas bars or La Musée L'Orangerie; sometimes to visit friends and family.
I dedicate 10% of my income from airbnb (and elsewhere) to support the following causes:
* permanent homes for vulnerable individuals and families;
* ending childhood sexual abuse;
* creating safe, sustainable, vibrant dance communities;
* making it easy for everyone to access locally-grown sustainably-sourced food;
* creating a global movement for consciousness;
* revolving funds for low- or no-interest microlending to women entrepreneurs in non-industrialized nations; and
* assisting others in discovering and nurturing their creative genius as game designers and storytellers.
I'd love for you to be a part of that.
Gavin has completed online and offline ID verification.