Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Surfer, easy going, flexible, happy laid back guy.
C.C has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The location is great and the room is spacious with a view of the ocean. The wifi works well. The apartment is a good size with a fully functioning kitchen.
The host is no longer based in Miami and is reliant on others to keep the room / apartment in good order.
The room / apartment needs to be properly cleaned from top to bottom and this level of cleanliness needs to be maintained from guest to guest.
The bathroom and the kitchen require steam cleaning. Old food needs to be removed from the kitchen cupboards after the guest leaves as we found cockroaches in the kitchen.
Clean towels and bed linen need to be supplied for each guest. Both were less than clean on arrival. The host did make efforts to sort this out once advised.
A 'cheaper' room should not mean a dirty room. Because the host is now based in California, he is unable to check the quality of the cleaning prior to the next guest checking in.
As hosts ourselves, we check every aspect of the room and the cleanliness before the next guest arrives and we do not rely on the cleaner (or family members) to do this for us.
1. Access to the room is a nightmare. Keys are situated in different hiding places, but the exact location is not known by the host so after a long flight you have to get on your hands and knees in a laundry room trying to shift a 250 lb washing machine to get the key underneath. The keys we found only unlocked the apartment and not the entrance to the building so the only way we could get into the building was to follow people in (due to time difference we could not raise the host on the phone to let us in). This is appalling and needs sorting ASAP.
2. On two occasions, after we had gone to sleep, a family member of the host entered the apartment and on the first occurrence entered our room while we were sleeping, waking Elisabeth up. After that we put my suitcase in front of the bedroom door and locked the room from the inside to restrict access. The second time (around 12am - 1am) the 'visitor' tried our door, could not get into the room and then proceeded to thump the door asking us when we were checking out (we were checking out in the morning as per our booking!).
3. We were told in writing to use the left hand bedroom. We unpacked and started using the room only to be told to change to the other room. No apology or explanation was offered or given.
4. There are exposed wires and electrical sockets and Elisabeth got a shock from one of the lamps. This is dangerous and should be sorted by the host ASAP.
Overall my experience with this rental was positive and it worked out for me. The location for the apartment - near Lincoln road and on Collins Ave. a couple blocks from Ocean Drive and the beach, was perfect. The price was very low; really a good deal for the location. Chris was not there, but Eric, who I dealt with was generally helpful and pretty flexible about my arrival. I didn't see him a lot, which was fine with me, as I didn't spend much time in the apartment and was there mainly to crash. On the down side, the place was clean but not in great shape. A few doors were not working and there were not trash cans in the place. I would say the living conditions were more like what I would expect for a private room in a hostel than an apartment.
It was a perfect trip for me. Location was great, decobike station was just in the front of the apartment, so you can rent a bike easily. It is so close to everywhere. The room was perfect and it is exactly the same what it's described. It might not be so fancy, so don't expect so much, but it has perfect ratio of quality/price. C.C is a really cool guy. We couldn't have chance to meet, but we talked on the phone twice. He is really helpful and funny. It was a perfect stay in Miami Beach, I'll prefer the it again if I go to Miami Beach in the future.
The good: 1 block for the beach.
The bad: Chris wasn't there, neighbors are telling us not to come, the door doesn't lock well, Chris rents to 4 people at the same time - so you never know who will be staying in the apartment with you (creepy!).
The ugly: i had to take the keys from a dirty sock behind the laundry machine - gross, Chris didn't even give me the key for the main door - I had to call him each time I wanted to enter the apartment, no toilet paper, no nothing, this place is as dirty as it can be.
In a nutshell, risky place to stay, only if you can't afford anything else.
I would NOT recommend this place. The host, C.C Colon, is no longer in Miami and now lives in California. The person you will deal with is his shady cousin/business partner. Who I believe may have a substance abuse problem.
After not responding to any of my texts, when I arrived I called C.C and he informed me that he no longer lived in Miami but to go to the laundry room on the seventh floor of the building and look for a sock with a key under the dryer.
Upon entering the apartment he informed me to spend the night in the WRONG room. The next morning he called and threatened me claiming that I had brought in extra people to the apartment and that the other guests wanted to assault me. This is when his cousin showed up to "straighten things out."
Like I said, I believe his cousin has a substance abuse problem and was sweating profusely and was asking the same questions multiple times. I was working on my iPad when his cousin entered and decided to put it in my bag before leaving to meet up a with a friend.
The next morning I wake up and check my bag and MY IPAD IS MISSING! This is only speculation, but I believe that his cousin stole my iPad to pawn for cash. After that I did not feel safe and left my reservation one day early to go find a more trustworthy place to say.
DO NOT STAY HERE! If you believe C.C. Colon will be your host, IT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON.
If the current host does have a substance abuse problem I believe that theft may happen again.
All in all, a very poor first experience using AirBNB.
Lejligheden ligger fantastisk, midt i det hele.
- Dog er dette det eneste positive ved den lejlighed. Den er mildest talt møgbeskidt, der er mug i loftet, der er forsøgt malet over. Køkkenet er ubrugeligt, så beskidt er det. Sengetøjet på dynen kan ikke skiftes, det er kun pudebetræk og lagen der bliver skiftet mellem gæster! Badeværelset vi havde, var ligeledes møg beskidt, toiletbrættet (det der var tilbage af det) var i stykker. Har taget billeder, men de kan desværre ikke lægges ud.
En aften/nat efter vi havde været i biografen, kunne vi ikke komme ind ad hoveddøren, så vi var nød til at ringe til Chris, han var meget uforskammet, og sagde at vi måtte være dumme siden døren ikke åbnede, og at det ikke var hans problem idet det jo ikke var hans dør, og at han forøvrigt havde haft en dårlig dag på hans job i Californien... Hvorefter han lagde på og ikke svarede efterfølgende.
Dagen efter viste det sig ganske (email hidden) havde været i stykker, og ikke kunne åbnes, låsen var dækket til at gaffatape.
Selvom vi havde betalt for rengøring, så blev vi bedt om at skifte sengetøj og støvsuge inden vi forlod værelset.
Vi kom først i kontakt med udlejer dagen inden vi ankom, til trods for vi havde forsøgt en uge op til, men hans svar var at han ikke havde tid idet han havde travlt på job..
Beliggenhed super, men slet ikke det værd...!
Vi havde kun positive oplevelser med Airbnb, dog kan jeg desværre slet ikke anbefale værten.
Very bad experience!
no Clées we found ourselves locked out
The card works every once and roommate Christopher did not want to not open the door!
Apartment very dirty and not stowed and not changed sheets, dirty kitchen, and dirty toilets.
The interior reeks of cigarette and friture.Très noisy.
Christopher unwelcoming and not on site we had to fend for phone (hard to translate because we talk fast), a neighbor came to help us for these keys.
Sharing with other tourists not no owners and the rooms do not farm.
No TV in the electrical socket and broken .Light poor condition.
We could not canceled!
Don't lisen to this crazy smelly French person she is a real drag
Una volta arrivato nell'appartamento mi sono reso conto che non era una stanza privata con un bagno privato... il padrone vive nello stesso appartamento e usa lo stesso bagno... dicendoti quello che devi o non devi fare... lo sconsiglio vivamente
Great location and room for the value!
The accommodation was great, nice weather, great NYE celebration too! Cris is quiet experienced guy in fun activities on the South Beach for newbies. So, I'm can recommend him without any hesitations!