Hola y bienvenidos!!!
Si tenéis dudas o necesitais mas información, estaré encantado de ayudar!
Hasta muy pronto!
Manu has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Genial!!! El piso esta en perfectas condiciones y tiene todo lo necesario. Hemos estado super bien, sin dudarlo repetiria y lo recomiendo a cualquiera. Con Manu muy bien, muy atento en todo momento. Estamos muy contentos con esta primera experiencia con airbnb.
We`ve stayed at the apartment for 3 weeks.
Apartment is well located, clean and exactly corresponds to images. Pre-existing problem with ants (according to earlier reviews) has been successfully resolved, we have not seen any ant during the stay.
WiFi speed was excellent, it was very important for us.
Manu is a great host, everything was perfect.
Thank you Manu for your hospitality. We would recommend your apartment to our friends.
So, I've stayed at this apartments for 12 days.
Overall - apartments are clean and location is very central (10 minutes slow walking to kite schools on the opposite side of El Medano;), WIFI internet is very good.
Also I should notice some things:
1. despite of the big boiler for hot water, in shower hot water ends very fast (I live alone and sometimes even for me if was not enough)
2. in the first week small ants don't disturb me. they was in small counts in different places but not in the kitchen table. but after 1 week they found kitchen table and some of my food)) So I called Manu and told about this, he promise to call to reptiles inspection (or how it is called here), but it was beginning of saturday and I think it was holidays for them. So I went to Mercadona and bought 2 ants catchers for 3 euro, placed them at the angles of kitchen table and in a days all small ants disappeared there. So this way I win ants :)))
3. Some days (like fridays or saturdays) it was very load music and other noise in the beggining of the night. But in other days it was very silent.
Manu was a really great guy and very helpful. He speaks good English having lived in York. A brief overview of our 5-week stay with pos and negs in no particular order (we are in our mid-fifties):
1. Complex pool being refurbed, supposedly ready in a week, still not finished by the time we left. People with kids would have been annoyed... suggest make predictions realistic. We are open water swimmers so not bothered. No doubt ready for Easter '14 break.
2. Got stung several times by portuguese man o' war "stingers" when ows. Manu paid on-line for a stinger suit and brought it to me (paid him)... top bloke. Covered entire body except the mouth... so they got me there and tongue... mouth too big?
3. Apartment well equipped and, ignoring the obligatory PC nonsense, undoubtedly has a woman's touch with homely ornaments and pictures... well done. (Visited a Brit next door and his was like a cave.)
4. Washing machine had broken but Manu already ordered new one that arrived few days later. Was fun watching the delivery guys cussing about not being able to fit the cold water pipe... not a single tool between them (read that as you will). Manu arrived and to the rescue dashing home to get screwdrivers etc!
5. Some of the furniture has seen better days e.g. a table chair is falling to bits, mattresses need replacing (our opinion), and need to remove mould from bath sealant as tends to make women cringe ... 20-minute job?
6. Couldn't workout how to get certain TV channels in English, so Manu contacted broadband supplier and came round and sorted it... internet service was good.
All in all, great place to stay, so near to shops, bars, restaurants, pharmacies etc. lots of different nationalities yet predominantly Spanish... good, just what we wanted.
Loved to watch the wind and kite surfers strut their stuff (many top-class/internationals) while quaffing copious quantities of foaming beer... then just a few minutes walk home to Manu's place... heaven!
Thank you Manu for ensuring our stay was relatively stress-free and for generally being a great guy. We certainly would highly recommend your apartment to anyone.
goede prijs-kwaliteit. De omgeving is ons tegengevallen gezien de wind, maar dat moesten we op voorhand geweten hebben. Geen klachten. Lokatie was proper en net
Upon meeting, Manu gave us a warm welcome and showed us around the airbnb and made us feel comfortable and right at home.
Location: El Medano, I felt, is the more quiet local town of the southern part of the island. Less people and not many shops and restaurants. But the restaurants that are there, I highly suggest El Caballo Blanco & Astillero Avencio. The black sand beach is close by and the views and water is amazing. But if you want a bit more action and beach options, there is a bus stop right near the airbnb that will take you to Los Christianos and Las Americas, takes about an hour. The bus times are specific so make sure to look as they are not often. There is where all the big hotels are and many shops to visit and eat at. Los Christianos & Las Americas are close walking distance and the walk along the water as you go from town to town is beautiful. There is a stark contrast from El Medano and these two other locations. For a moment I thought it would of been better to be there, but as we got to explore El Medano, it's a great place to get away from all the people and it truly is beautiful. The view as you look at the horizon is amazing. Also, 10 min cab ride from the airport. Very close and convenient!
The airbnb: The place was clean and nice. What I didn't like was all the tiny ants that were everywhere. I understand it comes with the territory of being on an island and being a very natural environment, but I just didn't like it. The water was a bit fickle as during a shower, the water started to cool and couldn't get the water as hot as I wanted. Manu quickly wanted to resolve this issue and was very attentive, but we didn't want to bother with it so we just let it be. The bedding is complete and clean but the flat sheet was really old and thin. Depends if you care about this, but this is what I noticed.
Overall good airbnb and good location in a low key and beautiful town, El Medano. Manu was very friendly and communicative over texts.
Thank you for a great stay and the hospitality!
Great Apartment, everything you need, in it hairdryer, microwave , iron, coffee maker. Clean and some brilliant restaurant just below. Manu was nice host and would 100% recommend.
FELIZ ANO NEUOVO
This is a great apartment, good location near the beach, nice and tidy and good value. El Medano is a nice town, great for windsurfing and relaxing away from the touristy spots. Manu is a great host, very helpful and good communication before, during and after the rental. I recommend this apartment.
L'appartamento è pulitissimo e molto carino. Vicinissimo al mare e a 2min. a piedi dal centro del paese e dai supermercatini. La dotazione di elettrodomestici e forniture in generale era assolutamente completa (lavatrice, asciugacapelli, forno a microonde, telvisione satellitare, WiFi, etc...). Manu è un eccellente padrone di casa molto gentile e disponibile.
The apartment is very nice and clean. It's reallynear to the sea and at 2min walking to the centre and top the shops. The forniture is really complete (washing machine, hairdryer, microwave, Satellite TV, Internet WiFi, etc). Manu is a very kind guest.
Great host, great apartment, great location... Everything was fine!