Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Saint Pete Beach
Sidney has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The apartment was even better than expected. Sidney was prompt and provided helpful suggestions for the local dining experiences.
Listing was as advertised. Location was quiet and clean. Sidney was a great host; responsive and very helpful.
An overall great experience...would not hesitate to book again.
Sidney's description and pictures fit this condo, perfectly. My wife and I stayed there for 12 nights and were very happy. Ideal location with access to beaches, downtown St. Petersburg and destinations south (Sarasota & Ft Myers). We didn't expect but were impressed with how well stocked for cooking, bathroom and laundry amenities, were in place. There are 2 pools for this unit both overlooking the bay and a short distance across a not-busy residential street. The backyard area has an electric grill and a shallow pond with ducks, Egrets, Ibis and other native wildlife. It was a treat for us, on a belated honeymoon, very peaceful and relaxing.
Sidney is a great host. Very communicative and easy. The listing is beautiful.
The reservation was canceled 8 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 17 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We felt misled by the info in the listing and conversation with the host. The listing states:
1. Three beds, However, there are only two beds (a queen and a twin). The third bed is a fold-out sofa in a living room (with no door, so no sound/light proofing).
2. The house accommodates 6 guests. I am not sure how 6 adults would sleep in this house. With both beds AND the fold-out sofa fully occupied there is room for only 5. There is really no floor space for an inflatable mattress unless someone wants to sleep in a closet or a bathroom.
3. Dining table has only four chairs.
4. There is NO SPACE to sit comfortably and relax when the living room is used as a bedroom (only ONE armchair in the family room, no sofa, second armchair can be brought from the living room.
The setup/furnishing of the house is really not adequate for 4 adults and 2 kids, much less six adults.
Another thing we felt misled about was the distance. Not sure what type of transportation the host assumed but here is what google maps says:
- airport - 20 minutes, per host, Google says 19 miles
- beach (the Long Island Cafe, the closest place on the Isle of Palms to the house) - 7 minutes per host, Google: 7 miles
- downtown Charleston - corner of Meeting St and Huger St (the first cross streets after getting off highway) - 20 min per host, 12.1 miles (or 19 minutes without traffic) per google. If you want to get a any good restaurants or get to the heart of Charleston, it's another 10-15 minutes from there, depending on traffic.
Other not-so-good things:
- Weak Internet. Netflix on Roku couldn't load a movie several times. iPhone was picking up a very weak signal and only in one of the rooms. Although another phone got slightly better signal.
- No comfy sitting in the family room (unless you consider sitting at a dining table relaxing).
- No cable TV.
- Switching between DVD and Roku, requires disconnecting one and connecting the other. Not very efficient.
- Well equipped kitchen (for 4, though when you have 6, you may find yourself running dishwasher twice a day)
- Beautifully decorated
- Screened porch (kind of). Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate with us. Although the room would have been perfect for our kids to play in
- Top of the line laundry equipment
- Great master bedroom/bathroom
- Safe and quiet neighborhood
Sidney, was responsive to emails/text. However, since listing didn't (at the time at least) include description of the place, we expected the host to tell the >>whole truth, which, I don't feel happened (a response to "please let us know what are the bed sizes in each room." was "There are 2 queen beds and a twin bed.", info about the rooms/bed locations was left out).
The condo was in a beautiful spot. The heated pool and hot tub right across the road overlooked the Bay. Just gorgeous. The apartment could use some updating, including shades for the living room. Great place if you like to take long, beautiful walks. Friendly golfing community. Excellent Japanese restaurant right near by.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we required immediate accommodation during Thanksgiving and Sidney’s place comes to our rescue. The condo is exactly as pictured, with wall covered with mirrors; multiple pools in the complex; and a lovely patio and lanai where we saw birds & ducks in the pond while having breakfast. Guest parking was convenient but be aware of a 75 cent toll to this location from both directions and cannot be avoided. New public tennis courts are available from nearby Lazarillo Park. Sidney responds to questions very quickly on short notice with easy check-in/out procedure. We enjoyed our stay very much.
This condo was in an excellent neighborhood very near the beach. It is well equipped with everything you need. My stay was very comfortable.
Sidney was very easy going, polite, friendly, and extremely clean! He left the room in immaculate condition.