Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Member since February 2012
Although being Mexican, I've lived most of my live abroad in several countries, and for the last few years I have been living in the great city that Rio is, hope you have a chance to experience it yourselves!
Response from Rodrigo:
-First, I highly appreciate the positive comments as well as complementing the personal aspects concerning the attention and assistance offered.
As for the few aspects that could have been incompatible with expectations, I would like to clarify some details to avoid further misunderstandings:
1) Smoking is indeed allowed on the apartment, however it only takes place in the commun area of the living room. Also, when someone smokes, windows are always open.
2) We have one of the fastest internet packages in Brazil, however, the telecommunications sector in Brazil has a lot of problems, and during the days up to new years and after, due to the sudden influx of tourists, the speed, city-wide, lowered.
3) Before the payment was made, it was explained that the room with a bathroom was no longer available, and it was mutually agreed to switch rooms for no extra cost. The new room offered was indeed previously shown (by AirBnB verified photos), and it is is indeed bigger (at least 50%), having a large sofa, working table and study desk that would not fit in the other rooms. As well as it being the most quiet one.
4) The apartment was indeed full, which is normal at this time of the year in Rio, since it is the peak of the high season. The amount of people in it are compatible with the price charged, lower than a hotel or a hostel with private rooms.
5) The bed is a little smaller than queen-sized (as it can be perfectly seen in the official AirBnB pictures), however several couples have stayed there before without any problem.
6) The bathroom was indeed shared, just as explained before the payment was done, but it was kept in good conditions.