About one week before the vacation I was informed that the place we’ve booked is not available, because someone else is staying in it.
They offered me another condo in the same building 3 floors higher (not listed anymore on AirBnB for some reason).
They also claimed that furniture in it is newer, and the unit is in better shape. So we took it.
Location of the unit was as described, same nice view. Welcome reception.
But the quality of the unit wasn't that good.
The worst thing we discovered in the end: the beds there are full of bed bugs!
Somehow bites weren't noticed until last couple days. Maybe these beasts weren't hungry.
But now we have a set of pictures of bed bugs, and theirs bites on our skin.
Now other issues discovered during the during the first 24hrs of our stay, we asked to resolve, but because this is not single person, but a company – they do not respond on weekends, and are slow on resolving issues.
Here is a list of issues I informed them about and asked to resolve at least some of them (not including bedbugs). Here is copy & paste from my e-mail to them:
- The place (kitchen) is full of cockroaches. I killed about ten of them yesterday, have few pics if you want to look.
- Bad skirt on one of the beds is badly torn.
- Curtain in one of the bedroom has a huge hole in it.
- Two pieces of furniture (sofa and lounge chair) have faux leather on them badly torn apart. It is scary to seat on them. Looks like they've been taken from some hostel. [I have pictures]
- No table to consume food from. It also doesn't have chairs that are high enough to use them with kitchen counter tops. [Picture of the unit they shown to me had some chairs, high enough to eat from counter top. But no chairs in real life]
- Beddings are very bad synthetic quality. Very unpleasant to touch and feel. Worse than in hotels (3 *) we stayed before.
- 2 doors to the balconies don't lock.
- 1 door to the balcony doesn't open at all, so we have bad air in one of the bedrooms.
- No kettle to boil water in it. We had to use a pot to boil water for the tea. Less of a problem comparing to others.
I was getting quick responses from them that they’re looking on how to resolve the issues, but not a single issue was resolved.
Unit was over all far from luxury.
I asked them for partial refund, but was denied.
So, I would give 5 stars for communication, location/view from unit, and reception.
But because of the issues above and failure to resolve them, I'm not sure whether to choose one or two stars. Bedbugs make it one star, some memory you don't want to have.
had a very nice stay in this furnished studio. great views, pretty clean, everything you need in the kitchen, and wifi in the room. this is also a hotel so you can utilize the accommodations such as rooftop pool and activities coordinator in the lobby. check-in/check-out was easy - thanks, amber! and great location too! would stay again =)
I want to lodge a complaint against this host. He did not return my confirmation email a day before check in and then the lobby of the complex couldn't reach him because he was in "a meeting". I waited for 30 minutes for someone to walk over from the office a few buildings away to give me a key, i didn't get that information ahead of time. Once finally in the room had to have someone from the office help me get the wifi turned on. No instructions left anywhere. Teflon on two of the four pans were badly scrapped off and flaking which is a health hazard and the carpet had stains and a black marker mark near the slider door. Hadn't been vacuumed and the toilet bowl had a ring around it. The floor lamp about fell over looking like it had been smashed against the wall a few times. These were all small things, but thought it important to note. The big thing was that the slider door was unlocked when I entered the room and when I went to leave the room at 5:30pm, I realized that the lock on the slider door was broken. Their office closed at 5pm. I tried calling 2 different numbers and no one answered. I left a message with the number for "urgent situations" and never got a call back. I was told by the office assistant that the owner didn't want a room safe, so I had two options. To carry all of my valuables around or stay in the room, which is what I did. All night. The next morning I waited for a call back and never got one. Called the office at 11am and they said they were unaware of the situation. It took until 2pm for a repairman to arrive and he said that the double rollers for the doors needed replacement and had to move the strike plate higher in order to get the lock to fit. I called the office once he left to speak with the assistant who had been helping me because the temporary fix was tricky and thought that someone should be aware of how to properly secure it. I also asked that I receive a partial refund for spending one of my three day stay in the room due to the security issue. Finally at 4:45pm I got a call back from the office that they would not give me a partial refund because they were able to fix the problem within a few hours. However, in reality, it was 24 hours. They were too busy to send someone up to the room to look at how to secure the doors, which will no doubt be an issue for the next renter to deal with. My time is important. I believe this lack of communication was horrible and my experience staying at this condo was awful. I work hard for my money and security is a big issue. I...
We stayed (4 adults) in the Penthouse on 03/2014. Positive first: Your on the 36th floor with a great view over looking ocean. Parking is free and in an enclosed garage that is very secure. Exc. location if you want to be middle of downtown Waikiki. Bus stop right out front if you don't have a car. Many restaurants within walking distance. Pool, work out area, outside grills very nice.
Negative points: Couch looks good, but you go to floor when you sit down. White carpeting is dirty in bedrooms. Very noisy, even 36 floors up. 4 AM every day garbage trucks pick up trash (beep,beep, backing up). 7AM every morning construction going on (one block down each side they are tearing down buildings), plus a lot of sirens from ambulances, fire trucks. One elevator working, the other has been under repair for 5 months and they are using jack hammers in elevator shaft. Even with one elevator, we did not have to wait very long to use it. Overall appearance not fresh looking. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate it at a 6.
The condo is well situated, spacious, the view is magnificient. The parking spot is a plus when you have a car. We did encounter a few problems in getting the keys upon our arrival. There was open food left therfore ants in the condo. It was taken care of by the management. It could have been cleaner. I do recommend it because all in all the problems were resolved.
We really enjoyed our stay in the apartment. The two rooms were very comfortable and the apartment was well appointed throughout. There is a lovely view out to the ocean, where I saw whales spouting one evening and also to the mountains. In addition the convenience store on the ground floor of the building is very helpful. The location is great with lots of restaurants and bars within a couple of blocks and the beach just a few minutes away.
Great location in the center of Waikiki Beach. Nearby restaurants, shops, bars.
The appartment is good to hang out at, and has superb view over the city, some mountains and the ocean. Well equipped kitchen. Very urban location.
I used this place during a conference in the convention center, 30min walk.
Had an absolutely fantastic time here! For the price, you just can't beat it. That said, here are a few of my observations:
* First & Foremost: Once you're out of the airport, head straight to Century Center (1750 Kalakaua Avenue) and pick up your keys from the Concierge Desk. THEN cruise over to the Island Colony. ;-)
* The room is one of only a few corner suites per floor, and the building was constructed almost entirely of concrete walls, so you definitely won't hear your neighbors above, below, and next to you.
* The entire place feels like my home away from home. Fresh sheets & towels are readily available, though I did have to buy paper towels & toilet paper (which I left, so please Pay It Forward when you visit, heh).
* The hallway leading up to the front door has a garbage chute a few feet away. It's not that bad. In fact, they even cleaned & freshened the entire chute one of the days I was there! That said, occasionally you'll hear the clink-clank of trash zooming down ... not that bothersome to me, personally.
* If you're looking for the sweet sounds of gentle waves lapping on the beach married with the gentle whoosh of tradewind breezes, this isn't the place for you. For that, you need to stay down along the ocean's edge and pay a sultan's ransom for the privilege. This is 45-story high-rise in an urban area. You'll hear sirens. You'll hear noisy cars. You'll hear people yammering. Basically, everything that goes on in a major city ... only you're 22 floors above it all.
* Bring your DVDs if you want, because there's a DVD player plugged into a nice flat-screen!
All-in-all, a fantastic place to stay and I'll definitely consider it again in future! :-)
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here for our honeymoon. The studio is so close to everything -- shops, grocery store, the beach, restaurants -- and the view was amazing. Would definitely recommend this studio, and I would stay here again should I come back to Hawaii.
Place it's self was nice, good remodel for the building. Improvement needed for the place: a couple sets of towels, bath mat, and more pillows. Those are items that u are used to when travelling to hotels and are the things missing when calling this suite "luxury" Rental company was helpful with late check out and answering any questions quickly. Pool in building is great and you are able to get anything you need at the store on pool deck.