We really enjoyed our stay in the apartment. The two rooms were very comfortable and the apartment was well appointed throughout. There is a lovely view out to the ocean, where I saw whales spouting one evening and also to the mountains. In addition the convenience store on the ground floor of the building is very helpful. The location is great with lots of restaurants and bars within a couple of blocks and the beach just a few minutes away.
Had an absolutely fantastic time here! For the price, you just can't beat it. That said, here are a few of my observations:
* First & Foremost: Once you're out of the airport, head straight to Century Center (1750 Kalakaua Avenue) and pick up your keys from the Concierge Desk. THEN cruise over to the Island Colony. ;-)
* The room is one of only a few corner suites per floor, and the building was constructed almost entirely of concrete walls, so you definitely won't hear your neighbors above, below, and next to you.
* The entire place feels like my home away from home. Fresh sheets & towels are readily available, though I did have to buy paper towels & toilet paper (which I left, so please Pay It Forward when you visit, heh).
* The hallway leading up to the front door has a garbage chute a few feet away. It's not that bad. In fact, they even cleaned & freshened the entire chute one of the days I was there! That said, occasionally you'll hear the clink-clank of trash zooming down ... not that bothersome to me, personally.
* If you're looking for the sweet sounds of gentle waves lapping on the beach married with the gentle whoosh of tradewind breezes, this isn't the place for you. For that, you need to stay down along the ocean's edge and pay a sultan's ransom for the privilege. This is 45-story high-rise in an urban area. You'll hear sirens. You'll hear noisy cars. You'll hear people yammering. Basically, everything that goes on in a major city ... only you're 22 floors above it all.
* Bring your DVDs if you want, because there's a DVD player plugged into a nice flat-screen!
All-in-all, a fantastic place to stay and I'll definitely consider it again in future! :-)
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here for our honeymoon. The studio is so close to everything -- shops, grocery store, the beach, restaurants -- and the view was amazing. Would definitely recommend this studio, and I would stay here again should I come back to Hawaii.
Place it's self was nice, good remodel for the building. Improvement needed for the place: a couple sets of towels, bath mat, and more pillows. Those are items that u are used to when travelling to hotels and are the things missing when calling this suite "luxury" Rental company was helpful with late check out and answering any questions quickly. Pool in building is great and you are able to get anything you need at the store on pool deck.
The unit was clean, and as pictured. The property manager was nice and helpful. All and all a good stay.
We had a fabulous stay at this penthouse apartment. The location is incredible, and the view is breathtaking (exactly like the photos). You really are one block back from Waikiki Beach! The actual apartment, truth be told, is a little tired - nothing a spruce up and some new linens wouldn't fix but the place was clean and very usable. Four adults had more than enough room to spread out and enjoy oursleves. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to around Waikiki and used TheBus service (bus stop right outside the building - really easy to use) to go to Downtown Honolulu. It was a short taxi ride to Diamond Head (we went before dawn so TheBus wasn't running yet). All linens are included, even beach towels and there is a great selection of beach gear to use. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are a great size. Kitchen is well equiped. The surrounding area is safe and the building is clean and safe. We would definitely stay here again.
We were very pleased with the space in this 2 bedroom/2 bath rental. We were out and about during the day, so we used it only as a place to sleep and have breakfast for 3 nights and 4 days. Great location and clean. Also good to have an assigned parking space in a garage at no extra cost.
Some of the furniture was worn, but not a problem. They provide only 1 bath towel per person and 1 hand towel per bath. So be sure to bring your own wash cloths. No hair dryer or laundry soap. This is exactly what you would expect of a commercial property, So if you're looking for something that feels like "home", this is not it.
This was perfect for our purposes. We walked to dinner and breakfast and felt perfectly safe. Close to shopping and trolley stops. Great central location for what we had planned.
It is your responsibility to contact the property manager. You will not receive any communication from them in advance.
This apartment was fantastic. It was spacious, clean and had great views. It was well located, 10 minute walk to Waikiki Beach and 25 minute walk to Ala Moana Shopping Centre. We also had extremely efficient communication with Kim who answered our emails promptly on every occasion. The Recreation deck on level 5 was always clean and well presented. We swam in the pool, enjoyed the spa and used the BBQ facilitates on numerous occasions.
Having two bathrooms made it very comfortable for us with our 18 Year old son who was staying with us.
Picking up the key was not a problem for us as we got the taxi to go via the collection point and then onto 430 Lewers street. We had read other reviews where this had been of some concern with people going straight to the apartment and then having to backtrack and collect the key. There was plenty of furniture and linen, but some of this was getting a bit tired. This wasn't a problem but could be for some people.
We would definitely stay here again in the future if we were travelling to Hawaii.
This was a great first time in Hawaii. Great location near everything to have fun and enjoy Waikiki.
The appartment is spacious and has a great view, washer, dryer and private parking included. We were two couples sharing the place which worked out fine because the place has two bedrooms and two bathrooms and a big livingroom/kitchen.
We walked everywhere in town and the appartment is very close to the beach, to shopping and restaurants and nightlife.
The fourth star is for the great communication from jeffrey/signature homes.