Response from Allon:
I'll keep this short and simple. I've been a host for over 2 years and I never once had an issue like this across the 50+ guests that I've hosted (feel free to read all the reviews).
1. Most importantly, there is no rat. If there was, there would certainly be another review with the same claim. There are positive reviews both before and following Matt's stay. I believe Matt lied in order to get a discount.
2. The apartment is mainly furnished with vintage furniture brought down from Connecticut. It's quite special.
3. There is a cleaning lady that comes to the apartment prior to a guest's arrival each and every time. No questions asked. Furthermore, upon my visit to the apartment during Matt's stay it looked like a war zone with the furniture rearranged, dirty diapers on the floor and garbage stacked high outside.
4. We've had rave reviews about the whiteboard and it adds to the eclectic and international taste of the apartment. We love it. And yes, we've hosted a lot of people as you can see from all the positive reviews.
5. There is no issue with the water in the apartment.
6. The landlord is building a brand new restaurant on the first floor which is going to be absolutely fantastic for future guests. We look forward to offering breakfast and drink specials for our guests.