Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
I am an Austalian living in Bali for the past year...we have three children and we currently live in Berawa beach
Victoria has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
We stayed for one night at 'Funky Little Berawa Beach Pad' and than moved to the main beach house.
The main reason for us to move to the main house was because it was too hot in the night at 'Funky Little Berawa Beach Pad' for sleeping and there is no Internet, which we need for business purposes. I should also add, that there is nothing funky about the beach pad, at the moment of visiting it was a complete under construction, rocky path.
Perhaps the accommodations and hosts were going through some phase, but unfortunately our stay was far from the positive reviews as described below.
- Victoria, Chris and their three kids live on the second floor, while you will be staying in one of the rooms on the ground floor. This means that you get the full blow of a daily family life. Noise, screaming, crying, arguments -the full deal. Not something I like to be involved in on my holiday, and definitely not if I am a paying guest.
- The Internet reception in our room was not working, so we were forced to sit outside in 'the patio'. There we had zero privacy and we were figuring as doormen for everybody that needed to enter (friends of the family, food delivery for family, potential guests, etc.). By the way, the Internet is everywhere pretty unreliable.
- The shower was broken and so was the flushing system of the toilet.
- Though they have a hard working maid, the premises is too big for her to handle on her own. Besides the fact that you see mice and rats around; it really is too much to find their fecies everywhere in the kitchen when about to prepare breakfast. The room was cleaned only twice in 9 nights. The dog sleeps on the same couches and chairs in the night where you have been chilling during the day. The bathroom tiles were filthy, and so was the floor under the bed. The swimming pool is not cleaned often enough, and the kids conveniently clean their surfboards in it.
- Reading the reviews, we mainly booked the place to get the 'lowdown on local recommendations'. Unfortunately, the hosts did not seem interested or helpful. Next to this, the recommendations that are written down on the whiteboard, for example for food, are far from anything good. You will find yourself easily much much better warungs around with real local Indonesian food for 1/10 of the price.
The Berawa Beach House is a charming place with eye for lovely details and a great swimming pool; however, lots of work needs to be done. It definitely has potential, as you can see on the pictures; but in reality it is far from what it is selling itself for on airbnb. For 210K per night you can get a spotless room (in the same street) that is cleaned every day; with full Wi-Fi connection; and no family affairs.
..I hope this review will help to improve the accommodations and make your stay more enjoyable than ours was.
My son and I had a great time at the Bungalow. We were given the bunk room, which he loved..the bathroom needs some form of ventilation but other than that we enjoyed our stay..which extended from 3 nights to about 10!!! The kitchen has everything you need, the track is rocky...but then all of them are not sure what the complaint was about there!!! The locals friendly and we even had a tv to watch dvd's on which as great after a day on the beach. Hospitable people and we now live in the area..what more can I say :)
Nice place with a pool. More like a room than a guest house but worth the price.
Stayed in the guesthouse instead, since the Beach Cottage has no internet connection which I need for business reasons. The Berawa Surf Stay Guesthouse is really a little gem, nice exterior, super safe, lovely people, great atmosphere quiet and clean, beautifully located and surrounded by rice paddies and very close to the beach in the Canggu area (just a short.scooter ride to Echo beach and also to Seminyak, Legian and Kuta )
I had a spacious room on the ground floor, with ensuite bath fan/, A/C, tv and dvd and a comfortable bed and could literally jump into the pool from my little terrace.
The interior of the room is nothing spectacular, but who cares considering the very reasonable price and that the room was used only for the night. I was very happy with everything. \
I very much enjoyed my stay and will definitely return soon.
This place is highly recommend for young and young at heart people, surfer of course, solo travelers, couples, and also those traveling with kids.
Thank you Victoria and Chris! See you guys soon again ;-)
Victoria and her husband Chris are super helpful. He gave me the lowdown on everything- where to surf, swim, a beach most people don't know about, bars, where to eat, what roads to take- so so good. The main house is nicer to stay at than the little bungalow because at the main house, lots of other people are staying there, and you get the community feel, the pool and wi-fi. But once you realize its just down the block, this place totally works and is 10 bucks cheaper. I loved Canggu- definitely a nicer place to stay than any of the main touristy areas. You can get to them real quick, and you'll be glad to be able to get away form them. Canggu is surrounded by rice paddies and is SO much prettier and nicer in basically every way.
Pro: they arranged for pick up from the airport, nice pool, very friendly and helpful owners, nice size room
Cons: our room did not have airconditioning even though it was quoted as having it. we did have two fans in the room but still, we had a very hard time sleeping in the Bali heat.
the room was nice and clean with a nice view over some rice fields, quiet location and not far from the beach even if you are by foot. Me and my friend Céline enjoyed the staying here surrounded by surfing atmosphere and Victoria was a wonderful host who gave us helpful information on where to go in the evenings and always tried to arrange the best solution for her guests' needs also thanks to their reliable Balinese driver.
thank you !
Francesca and Céline
Chilled place as described. Had an awesome stay and will definitely come back asap!
Tori and Chris were absolutely wonderful! They gave great advice for around the area and were just generally helpful for whatever we needed. I definitely recommend Berawa Beach Guest House to anyone looking for a lovely, quiet place to stay after a day having fun.
Enjoyed our stay with Victoria and Chris - would highly recommend Berawa Beach Guest House. Very laid back and extremely affordable. Close to beach and cafes and no hawkers. Met some great people also staying there. Will definitely stay there again.
Bruno, Kaz, Connor & Djuaan