Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Hip, young working professional and New Yorker.
E.H. has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
This apartment was as advertised. The location was in the middle of SoHo and quite accessible by subway to much of New York City. I was visiting NYC with two nieces and we altered our arrangement twice. Edward was very accommodating with our change of plans. We did come in a day early and perhaps that is why there were no toiletries for the bathroom. No bath soap, shampoo etc. There is a drug store across the street so the problem was easily remedied. All in all a nice apartment, clean and comfortable. And again the location was perfect for us. I would stay again.
The apartment is exactly as pictured and described in the reviews. It was a great location to all the major trains to get uptown and to all the sites.
Edward and Fernan made the process pleasant and made our stay all that much better. We felt like coming home from a long day of site seeing and eating. :)
Perfect size apartment for my husband and I to stay at! Very clean and put together. Chinatown is such a great neighborhood- it was perfectly located and right next to a subway station. We would definitely look into staying here again.
Water in shower didn't get extremely hot, but we were still able to take quick showers.
Only saw a rat in the alley once... But it's NYC. You should expect this.
This was my first experience with Airbnb and definitely not the last.
I didnt met Edward, met his brother Fernan, but both was very kindly in arranging our really early check-in (about 10AM), exchanging keys was very easy, including during check-out. The apartment was just as described, perfect for my group (3 persons) but accommodates easily 4 persons. The neighborhood is one of the best features, a great Park right outside the apartment. great restaurants, great alternative coffee places, and also Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts, walking distance of the subway. I recommend, and probably contact Edward for my next stay.
Een appartement van alle gemakken voorzien in een goed en veilig gedeelte van Manhattan. Met de metro was alles goed te bereiken. Indien nodig mochten we fernan altijd bellen en was erg vriendelijk om ons te helpen.
We really enjoyed our time at this cozy place! Everything worked fine and Fernan was a nice guy! The apartment is located central and near to the subway! We would recommend it to everyone!
See you again soon!!
Not enough can be said about the location of this apartment. Within 6 blocks (I'm not making this up) was Chinatown (End of the block), Little Italy (1 block east), The Bowery (4 blocks east), LES (6 blocks east), TriBeCa (4 blocks west, then south), NoLIta (2 blocks north), SoHo (3 blocks west) and the Civic Center (2 blocks south). The area was also served by 16 of the 22 subways in the ENTIRE 5 burroughs, so you could realistically be anywhere (not just Manhattan but also Queens, The Bronx and Brooklyn) in no time. The only other area like this regarding transport is Midtown which speaks volumes.
The neighborhood is very safe also and friendly. The apartment itself was exactly as described. No more, no less. Spotless and modern. USB on the TV too!
Although be aware the water heat seems to be building wide and timed so we could only really get a decent shower very early in the morning or late in the evening for an hour. Which is fair enough, but inconvenient at times. Our 1 negative about the service was that we'd to figure this out ourselves and tried numerous times to contact the owner to clarify this with no response. With this in mind, we reckoned the apartment is clearly a business outlet of a property management agency as the man who showed us the apartment didn't seem to be aware of the owners online title or even the term Airbnb.
Also, in the building's open foyer between the front of the building and the rear (where the apartment is) there was a sizable amount of rats at times. However, a neighbour said an operation to deal with this was beginning shortly and by the time we left this seemed to be the case, with extermination & prevention measures being put in place.
Honestly, even the most pessimistic & negative person couldn't find anything wrong except for the one or two things above, which in fairness are minor anyway. (1. Obviously it's a business operation. 2. Timed water is nothing new in buildings like this. 3. Rats in a city of 8 million is standard, and it's not like they were in, near or around the apartment.)
The place was fantastic. Intend on booking on my return next summer.
Tips for future guests:
1. Get a MetroCard. Worth it. $30 for a week, oppose to $2.75 a trip.
2. For the Europeans: Standard US supermarkets & produce are of a very poor quality, and nowhere close to European ones. If you are use to M&S, Dunnes, Tesco, SuperU, Aldi, Lidl, Edeka, Carrefour, Hema, etc. Then I recommend Wholefoods on Union Square. Some New Yorkers call it posh/fancy, but to be honest, it was the only supermarket we found that was similar to what we would consider a standard/acceptable supermarket.
3. The shop next door to the building entrance is renowned city wide for their spongecake. It's a buck for a good slice, try it!
There are pros and cons to this listing, so let me just list them.
- Location (Chinatown is somewhat specific place to be. Although it is subjective, I think this is not the experience people seek in NYC. There is also a huge detention center across the street)
- Noisy radiators (I think it was air going in and out)
- Sink was also plugged and water stayed for a bit (I tried cleaning it, but only partially helped)
- Windows are not windproof (Luckily we had heavy curtains to cover windows, but I still felt a breeze into my face at night)
- Strict house manual put unnecessary stress on me personally. Although we didn't have any issues at all, it
- Fernan was very easy to communicate with and very helpful. He also allowed us to do a late checkout.
- Appartment is updated as it seen on the pictures. It is clean and comfy.
- Location (although I list this in cons, it is also here because apartment is really close to other nice areas of Manhattan and have plenty of good restaurants in walkable distance)
- Despite windy windows, it was warm enough without any additional heaters, not like our next airbnb apartment. (BTW, we were there during one of the coldest week, so some of these notes may not apply during other times)
Overall, it was a good stay at the affordable price! I would recommend this listing.
The experience was very good. The apartment is just like in the pictures, we were 4 friends and was good enough to fit all of us. East village is a great zone of the city with tones of restaurants and bars to go.
The host was there when we arrived and we were able to check out just by leaving, which was nice.
Really recomendable for the price!
Very satisfied with the whole experience. Contact was very easy on the day of, and meeting up to get in was an absolute breeze. (The Q train to Canal St. Is your best bet, walk towards the Centre exit.)
Stayed in early February, and the apartment felt amazing! The radiators kept the place very warm, and the water got up to temperature quickly!
There are more than enough linens for four people, and even though it was just me, I felt like an extra two people would be comfortable. With four, two of them better know each other pretty well! ;)
There is a lot of culture in the area, and if you want to truly experience it, head East, away from the train stops on Canal St.
Loved the place, and I already miss it!