I like zombie movies, spicy food and nice typefaces.
Rowan has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Apartment is as advertised.For cosy read small.
Ideal for one person or 2 well acquainted people.
The apartment block is well maintined and the security and
other tenants are friendly.
Plenty of choices for food and drink in the area and transport is convenient.
Rowan was responsive and everything went as it should
Response from Rowan:
Yes small is right - Hong Kong style! Pleased you had a good stay, and you are welcome back any time (alone or with a well acquainted person).
All the best.
The wrap: This is a basic bachelor pad. Location is a handy walk to Victoria Park, Times Square, Causeway Bay, Tin Hau.
The host was overseas and the cleaner met us. The apartment was far from “guest friendly”:
- Lack of bedding or linen - one pillow, one sheet and a bedspread – cheap and worn.
- The kitchen was not clean - mould in the fridge, greasy cupboard doors…
- Bathroom – a plastic shower curtain overrun by black mould
- Many fabric items were stained or dirty – the floor towel, cushions on the sofa, the hand towel left for guests.
- Lounge - curtains couldn’t be opened, many of the fittings had been broken
- No key for the deadlock on the door.
The host asked a friend/cleaner to sort these things out. She did her best and I turned a blind eye to the rest. While the host settled on a discount – there was a lot of hassle. Not what you need on holidays or business trips.
I wouldn’t recommend this.
Rowan was an amazing host, very prompt with responses- replied to email fast and picked up phone calls even though called him very early in the morning.
The apartment was quite clean and very convienient. Lovely eateries around the area and great for midnight snacking!
The internet was not working when we arrived but was fixed after 1 day.
Overall was a very pleasant experience and would definitely stay there again.