Persona inquieta y trabajadora, amante de los deportes acuáticos. Me encanta viajar y conocer nueva gente.
The best: the garden facing the sea, diving on the blue and clear water thanks to a handmade lader from the rocks. The house it´s nice enough to feel good, nothing fancy, but cozy. Fernando was really sweet and help me organizing a surprise to my boyfriend as his birthday was right the day after the night we were arrinving. He bought an "ensaimada" and bottle of cava and some candles so I could give it to him the morning after.
The worst: the house smells sometimes (I guess due to the plums) and if you deal badly with insects usually there are little ones coming from the garden.
I would go back and I truly recomend to give it a go!
What a beautiful spot. It was our second visit to the island. Porto Colom is such a neat and cosy town. The apartment felt like our own. We cooked everyday, went swimming right in front of the apartments own little bay and watched the sunrise from the nearby cliffs. Paradise.
You have to see this to believe it.
The appartment is a really nice place to stay, very clean and cozy. The sea is just a few steps away and it is a highlight to sit outside and eat your meals right by the sea. It is the perfect spot to get away and relax from everyday stress and not be bothered by many tourists. Fernando is a great host. He is very friendly and always has good advices where to eat a yammy Paella in Portocolom etc. If you want an individual place to stay - Fernando's place is the place to be...:) I hope to be back some time soon.
Fernando's casa was exactly what we were looking for. The house itself was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed (even coffee!), and was very spacious for 2 people. It would have been enough room for 4 people. Fernando, was very helpful and gave us a lot of info about the area. The features that make this place a gem are the outdoor sitting area with the picnic table and the little cove out back. It is absolutely perfect for swimming and sunning, we bought little "floaties" and spent a lot of time floating about. The photos do not do it justice. It was protected from the wind and clear and beautiful. Across the driveway is a reasonably priced bicycle rental company which we used and found several other amazing spots in and around Portocolom. There is 1 good restaurant but otherwise we would recommend cooking. The other places in Portocolom are very mediocre. We want to bring our family and come back to Fernando's!
Fernand was a great host. At the beginning of the trip he gave us some useful tips for restaurants and beaches. Thanks for your help, always recommandable.
Catalina's flat is wonderful ! Very clean and cosy place, well-furnished, with everything we could need, and so quiet... The swimming pool is perfect and the host, Catalina, is a VERY kind person, we really hope to meet her once more. A very good place for holidays.
Forget the massive tourism of Palma and its neighborhoods, or the stacked-up sunbeds of the North-East, Portocolom -as correctly stated in the description- has kept its own identity, giving us (me and my girlfriend) the opportunity of a relaxing vacation in direct contact with the nature and the environment of Mallorca.
This apartment is what we have expected: just few meters from the blue, with a clean garden and everything needed to live our vacation independently (equipped kitchen, washer, independent entrance, safe place for the car).
You will find a supermarket few steps away, together with the equipped Cala Marsal beach at less than ten minutes walking from your doorstep.
The house itself is what you can expect watching the pictures: no photographic tricks has been used, there is a lot of space inside, everything is clean, cosy and luminous.
If this isn't enough for any relaxing vacation, Fernando is above all a great host, probably the best we ever met. He knows Mallorca "inch by inch", and when he isn't busy with his academic studies of sea-life, he's happy to give useful hints about eating, places to see and "caletas" worth a visit.
There are though some aspect that should be evaluated, as follows:
- it's better having some tolerance for small animals: being in contact with nature (and not in a touristic resort with fake plants and neon lights) it's inevitable that you will have some of them coming from the garden. We managed "the visits" using common repellent cans, but I wouldn't suggest this accommodation (and anything other than an high-floor Hotel room) if you suffer any phobia for insects.
- during weekends (Friday and Saturday mostly) many local guys love to have "fiestas" along the sea, so if you are planning long sleeps get ready to close windows and turn on air conditioning. During the week -on the opposite- you can sleep with everything wide open and get lulled all night by the waves on the nearby shore.
- the bed is small, not sized for couples taller than 175cm and definitely not suitable if you are above 185cm. (If you work for Willy Wonka you shouldn't care about this).
- I'd be careful if you have small kids, the shore is quite high, the waters are deep, everything is just behind a small gate and it's not easy to climb back without the ladder. (note for myself: give a look around before jumping off the cliff)
- if you are coming to Mallorca looking for a lighter and human-friendly Ibiza nightlife, forget this part of the island and look in the Palma area instead :)
I think that I haven't forgot anything, except that English isn't my first language and maybe I haven't been clear in the explanation. Sorry about that :)
Meanwhile, good luck for your next vacation in Mallorca!