I like to have fun and spend time with family and friends.
Emily has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The apartment is in an excellent location and the price was reasonable. However, the apartment was very spartan. It had just enough furniture for 2 people. The building is also older and has typical problems for a building of that age: poor water pressure and bugs.
1) The location is excellent, being just 2 blocks from the Silver Spring metro and just a little bit further from downtown Silver Spring.
2) The hosts were very responsive and responded quickly to our messages by phone, text or (website hidden). There was an internet outage in the apartment and the hosts were quickly able to contact Comcast on our behalf.
3) Internet, basic cable and heating/AC were provided.
1) The sum total of the furniture in this ~1200 sq ft apartment was: 2 beds, 4 nightside tables, 2 dressers, 1 coffee table, 1 couch, 1 shelf and a 24" TV. The kitchen was also somewhat furnished. The living area in particular feels very bare. For our 1 month stay, we had to purchase a kitchen table with 4 chairs to make the place feel more livable. Unfortunately the hosts didn't want us to leave the table for future guests, so we sold it at the end of our time there. For the kitchen we also had to purchase a few things, including a chef's knife since only butter knives were supplied.
2) Poor water pressure in the shower with the related problem that temperature regulation on the shower was very poor. This is likely related to a problem with the diverter.
3) Old building: we killed a cockroach in the kitchen and water damage was present in all 3 rooms.
We understand why the apartment was so sparsely furnished (the hosts just wanted to sublet out the end of their lease term), but it was more spartan than we had hoped for in a "furnished" apartment. However, the location, affordability and prompt responses from the hosts made the experience OK.
Location is convenient to Grocery store and Metro stop in Silver Spring. Laundry facility on floor was nice and WIFI is very good.
Check in was inefficient as far as host organization goes. After a redeye flight, i expect a fast and uneventful checkin, but host seemed unorganized due to keys being stuck in engine of a car, which delayed getting into apt.
Apartment itself is not fully furnished, which is a bit weird, but it has the basics. Couch looked dirty and unkept. Windows are single pane which lets a lot of heat and cold air in. Blinds would move because of wind that would get through eventhough windows were closed.
Checkout was called out for 5pm on the confirmation page, but host seemed to want checkout earlier because another guest was to arrive and she wanted time to clean prior to their arrival. In my opinion, that is not the guest's responsibility and/or problem. If that is the case, call out for an earlier check out in the first place. That is not inflexibility on my part, but inaccurate information on check in/check out on confirmation page.
All in all, its ok if you want to stay a couple of days, but I would go look somewhere else if you're staying longer than a week.
This apartment is in a great location if you want to park your car and not drive again until you leave for home! Enjoyed our stay. Thanks!