I`m really sorry but the couch was severely damaged with big holes before we moved in. As far as the light switch is concerned my husband had almost a electrical hit because of the damaged fuse which flew away with a spark by trying to turn on the light. In order to avoid that somebody sticks his finger in the remaining hole we had to put some paper to isolate it ( there is no circuit anymore so no danger for inflammation). We placed the damaged fuse on the ledge so that you can find it and fix it. We kindly request that you take back these published accusations.