Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
I am a musician living in Brooklyn.
Jacob has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Disclaimer: I did not personally stay in this apartment. I booked the entire apartment for my father and his 2 friends.
- Located in a safe and fun neighborhood- many restaurant, delis, shops near by
- Very convenient- Near Barclay Center with several different subway lines
- Space was large & only a 2nd floor walk up
- Jacob was responsive any time we texted him. Although, he was not able to really solve any of our dilemmas as he was out of town
-The ad didn't mention this is located right above a bar. If it were me, I wouldn't mind, but since it was for my father, it would've been nice to know
- No toilet paper, paper towels, or kleenex in the whole apartment
- Trash still full from previous visitors
- Bed (1) had no sheets, but a new set left out still in the box (I work in fashion and I know how many factory floors that was probably on. Sheets need to be washed before used!), Bed (2) had sheets, but wasn't made. Guests felt it looked as if it was just slept in
- Clean towels were not laid out/ all towels in bathroom were dirty
- Jacob's friend who checked us in had my dad waiting for over an hour to get keys although I had forewarned him he'd need an early check in. His response: "Early morning for a musician friend"
- Jacob & his roommate are actually moving out the end of the month and a realtor regularly came by to show the apartment. This was not discussed before booking. We booked an entire apartment so my dad and his guests would have privacy, feel safe, and feel their belongings were safe... not for strangers to be walking in and out. Jacob tried to request the realtor not come in again until after my dad's stay, but the realtor ignored his request and left a note warning us they would indeed be coming in and out each day of this month.
If it were me, I wouldn't mind these little road bumps as much. However, since it was knowingly for my father, I wish there had been a little more effort and consideration. It was his first experience using Airbnb and I don't think he'll trust it again.
This was a great experience- the apartment was beautiful and they were super helpful. The one thing to note is that as there is a bar downstairs it can get a bit noisy on the weekends but its nothing too bad.