Response from Pete:
I'm not sure where to even begin with Nancy's post. After hosting dozens of wonderful guests, I was bound to have an unseasoned city traveler eventually.
First and foremost, read the rest of my reviews. Her expectations were totally unreasonable. My loft is exactly like I describe and as shown in the pictures, in fact it is even better now with the new windows. I have it super cleaned before every guest. I will just reply to the important points here.
1. The neighborhood is very safe and quiet unless there is a big club event, then it is still safe, but can get a loud at bar time if you are out in the main room. You don't have to worry about getting mugged. If you have never lived or vacationed in a city in your life, it might feel scary, but for the rest of the world, it is an awesome spot. Not sure about this Phantom Other Tenant, everybody that lives here loves it.
2, The couch, someone spilled some coffee on it, I will have it professionally cleaned. It is a custom made, high end and comfy couch.
3. Security lock? I am totally at a loss here as to what she is talking about, there is a deadbolt to the door and a keypad to enter the building.
4. The loft is worn a bit, yes, but not in a bad way -- most people think the place is hip and cool. Not sure what her definition of hip is, but it doesn't mesh with every other person that stayed here. My place is uncluttered with lots of space for your clothes and storage. Yes, I do have clothes of our own hanging in the huge closets, but there is plenty of room for your stuff, I push ours to the back. And my collection of Schmidt beer cans with the outdoor scenes. . .I'll have to take a photo and post it for you to enjoy.
5. No hooks in bathroom? Did she even stay here? There is hand towel hook in each room and also bars for towels.
6. No blinds on roof side. In the bedroom there are blinds, out in the kitchen there are not, not sure why you would need them there, unless you wanted to hide something. But it is something I will consider after polling my past guests. I like the clean look and feel of no blinds on the huge windows. The one window in the bedrooms without a blind, faces out to the sky, with no one able to see in, but I will put a blind on there, that is a good idea. And that "sheet" like curtain is a window drape from Target.
I could go on, but I don't want to get even more defensive about my wonderful place. She had one other AirBnB trip, please compare that to the reviewers below, most of them having many AirBnB stays.
If you have any concerns about her post, please contact me before booking so we can discuss. I work very hard to make the loft a great -- super clean -- spot for AirBnBers, and from my other comments below, everyone besides Nancy and her friends have agreed.