I am a freelance photographer and writer and endeavor to travel whenever possible, mostly teaching travel photography workshops or photographing for some project or client.
I was born in Australia and moved to Germany as a kid, so I'm steeped in both cultures. The San Francisco Bay Area has been my home for most of my adult life. I love meeting people from different cultures and backgrounds and am spellbound by a good story. Though by no means an expert, wine is a big passion and has often dictated my travel itineraries.
I have lived in San Francisco a long time and know it very well. If I'm around when you stay at my place I will be happy to give you insider tips, suggestions on where to go and what to do or simply chat with you over a glass of wine. If you let me know, I will even purchase a 3-day or 7-day transportation pass for you, so you're ready to go as soon as you get here. I also have bicycles available (for 1/2 the price other places charge) and make my car available to rent (a lovely Subaru Forester) as I do not use it every day.
Top things to do in San Francisco:
1. Biking across the Golden Gate Bridge
2. Walking Ocean Beach.
3. Catching a dance performance
4. Exploring Golden Gate Park
5. Eating fabulous food - we are a foodie town.
6. Watching windsurfers at Crissy Field.
7. Going to one of the many bizarre or wacky events or festivals. We have a lot of them and I'm still learning about new ones!
1. Ride up the elevator at the de Young museum for a 360 degree view at the top of the tower. It's free. No museum admission required!
2. Walking the labyrinth at Mile Rock Beach along with the most stunning view in San Francisco.
Christine has completed online and offline ID verification.