• Enlai
Verified ID
  • Email Address
    Verified
  • Phone Number
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 95
  • Facebook
    1156 Friends
  • Google
    Validated
  • Reviewed
    22 Reviews
  • Offline ID
    Passport
About Me
School
St Michael's Grammar School, RMIT University, Swinburne National School of Design
Work
Space Group, Arup
Enlai's Airbnb Symbol

Visit create.airbnb.com »

Enlai

Hey, I’m Enlai!

Riga · Member since December 2011
Report this user
You have reported this user. Undo?

Personal Description:

98 percent of people are good and the other 2 percent I dont know.

I like to cook and dance. I also like to hike up mountains

In general:

People are better than television.

I am an architect and lighting designer... now turned creative director in Riga.

Interests:

Cooking, Dancing, Eating, Architecture, Macrobiology and of course, travel.

Philosophy:

My current aim/philosophy in life is to give as much as I can without expecting anything in return

Why?

Because it makes you happy!

... and for years I have been graciously supported and looked after by people around me. Now that I have the resources and opportunity to give something back i try as much as i can to do so - in the interests of universal poetic justice!

Movies:
Fresh, City of god, Dirty pretty things, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Bladerunner (the NON directors cut), Fresh, My life as a dog, Little miss Sunshine, Me you and everyone we know, American beauty, 2046, Against the wall (Gegen die wand), Let the Right One In.

Anything that David Attenborough hosts.

Music:
Nina Simone, Fat Freddy's Drop, trinity roots, Jenny wilson, Fela Kuti, Ivan boogaloo Joe Jones, Aloe Blac, JJ Cale, Bill Withers, Richie Havens, Georgie Fame, Stevie Wonder, Al Green... etc.
The Twelves, Pnau, Similou, The Opposites, Outkast, Pauline, Parov Stelar, Breakbot, The Knife, Fever Ray, Royksopp, The Sugarhill Gang, When Saints go Machine, RJD2....
Joanna Newsom, Jenny Wilson, Joe Henry, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Andrew Bird, Jose Gonzalez, Laura Veirs, The tallest Man on Earth, Joan Armatrading, Leonard Cohen, Feist, Kings of Convenience, Paul Simon, Julia Stone, Cat Power, Lou reed, Nick drake... all those poetic melancholics!

I have a renewed interest in completely daggy 80s music (Hall & Oats, Men at Work, Bryan Ferry, Simple Minds (gulp) and groups like that)

And soul... (If i was to be reborn, it would be with an afro and patchwork flares)

Types of People I enjoy:

People with enough imagination to be naughty, but try their best not to.

Clear-headed absurdists.

Teach, Learn, Share:

I can teach design and architecture... Over the previous 8 years i have been teaching architecture, industrial design and interior design at university.

I am learning Lindy Hop and will be going to Herrang for the first time this year.

I am also learning Contact improvisation... Both dances suit aspects of my personality and are perfect (website hidden) for each other.

I really want a Norwegian language partner who I can learn with and perhaps a person who would like to swap their language skills for one of mine.

I would also like to take up Spanish again because I like the language and many of the countries that speak it.

TRAVELED: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United States
...and many more.

LIVED: Australia, China, Christmas Island, England, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway