Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Traveling for a bit...
Oscar has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
I am currently a college professor in Los Angeles. I have been traveling to San Francisco since 1971 and have stayed with friends and in hotels both at the very high end and in the budget category. This was my first experience with Airb&b. For many reasons I had very few opportunities to spend much time in the area of the Mission between 16th and Mission and 24th and Mission. Hearing about how the Mission is changing, and seeing that a studio in that area, I booked the "Great Sunny Studio" through Oscar.
1) Most importantly, Oscar's studio is in the heart of the revitalized Mission. Location. Location. Location. It is literally steps to great eateries like Garcon, Esperpento, and Boogaloos. Friday and Saturday night's Boogaloos becomes a great little Peurto Rican pop-up. And then down the street towards 18th on Valencia is a fabulous shop selling artisanal chocolate drinks called Dandelion. The Mexican spicey mocha is heaven. And their delicate cheesecake is to die for.
2) The studio itself is indeed sunny with a bay window opening to a backyard and an ivy-covered wall. It is spotlessly clean and the bath facilities are quite adequate. The kitchen is off in a separate room and is great for heating up and eating one's doggy-bags full of left-over goodies from all of the restaurants that abound in the neighborhood.
3) The bed is super comfy....as good as any hotel bed. And the apartment, being at the back of the building, meant restful peace and super quietude.
4) Wi-fi connectivity is fast and easy to log into. Indeed, it's faster than that provided by many 3 star hotels and above.
5) Oscar and I texted frequently to coordinate my arrival and have the key handed over. I appreciated his efforts in that regard that went above and beyond.
I enjoyed my week-end stay so much that I actually didn't leave the Mission district except for a 20 minute walk to a wonderful restaurant on 16th and Market (near The Castro) called Starbellies. Bear in mind that I have been to the City so often that I wanted to just savor the Mission experience this time.
I rate my experience and the stay in this studio a 10/10.
Note that some do criticize the changes going on in the Mission because of the so-called gentrification, the techies filling the coffee shops, and the Google/IT buses, but there is still plenty of local Latino culture to savor. So many alleys filled with fascinating murals. In fact I spend an entire day wandering the area enjoying the murals and photographing them.
If I had not stayed at Oscar's I may have come into the mission for a short time to eat at one of the restaurants and wander Valencia or 24th street, but staying at Oscar's allowed me to really get into the neighborhood.
Overall, cannot say enough good things about Oscar and his studio. The studio was very organized and clean, communication was extremely smooth and the studio itself was very well furnished. The bathroom was larger than you'd expect for a San Francisco studio, the queen bed was very comfortable and the kitchen was impressive to say the least.
The location of the studio was also great. Right in the middle of San Francisco, everything was accessible within a short drive and there was ample parking on the street. I highly recommend booking with Oscar.
Oscar was a terrific host. His apartment was clean and the location couldn't be more perfect. I highly recommend booking with him!
I enjoyed having Oscar and Radek stay at the apartment. They were polite and super tidy. I highly recommend!!
Omar and his mother were wonderful guests! We look forward to having them return soon. They were patient, understanding and kind.