Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Stacy has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
This place was dreamy! The house itself was large and accomodating with an incredible view out of all the west facing windows. The downstairs area (kitchen, living room & dining room) was situated nicely for entertaining/relaxing with friends while also being very spacious. All the amenities you would expect from a hotel and then some, i.e; pots & pans, 2 french press, a large pantry, many kitchen appliances, hd t.v. with a dish, oodles of board games/cards, wifi, extra cots in the upstairs bedroom closet, a small woodstove that pumped out the heat, etc. The home was modern with a rustic coastal feel. The two on site bathrooms (1 upstairs and 1 downstairs) was helpful with a party of five and the upstairs bathroom was quite charming. The house was amazing but the surrounding area and beaches are phenomenal! Stacy was very helpful and accomodating and I am planning on coming back very soon with my wife. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a weekend getaway/retreat.
Never travelled up this far along the coast but we enjoyed the slow and scenic drive up to the property. The house is situation on a slope with beautiful view of the ocean. Although the house is east of HWY 1, with the limited amount of traffic, we barely noticed the road. If you're planning to stay long, make sure to plan ahead and get all the essentials from home.
1. Easy to communicate with.
2. Beautiful view directly from the living room.
3. Quiet neighborhood and we felt safe.
4. Close to a few hiking trails that leads to the beaches. Bowling Ball beach is less than a mile away.
5. Point Arena Lighthouse and Point Arena Pier is a few mins drive from property.
Some simple fixes that we think could help the place are noted below:
1. We (even the kids) thought that at least the pillows needed replacement.
2. Moving the wireless router from the bedroom closet to the stair area would fix the problem of connectivity. We had to remain upstairs just to get connected.
3. Fix the bed squeaks.
4. Air out the house to improve smell and thoroughly clean out the dirt & dust from living room. We had to clean the floor before we settled.
5. Getting to the backyard, you have to go out the front door and around the house to the back. No living room door that leads directly to the yard. As much as we want to enjoy the ocean breeze after dark, we remained inside.
Although we didn't need any, there were extra sheets, one pull-out bed, and one fold-up bed in the bed room closets. Plenty of towels in both bathrooms. Some board games to keep the kids busy. We took some nice sunset photos. The morning photos before the sunrise were beautiful too. The kids enjoyed the short hike to the beach and soaked up as much sun as they could.
The views from the house were beautiful and the house itself was comfortable and spacious. The living room offered a relaxing area to take in the views from the outside while feeling the heat from the fire. My one hitch was that I thought the price was a bit high for what was provided and internet was very slow for AT&T users but good for Verizon users.
Quite simply, this is a beautiful house by the ocean. It's very comfortable and welcoming. I called it home for a full month and had a great experience. Stacy was prompt and courteous and even setup a house cleaner for the length of my stay.
House is so much nicer and bigger than photos indicate. The views were incredible. We had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!
This place is simply beautiful beyond measure. Perched over the ocean (though across highway 1), we went to sleep with the sound of waves and woke to an amazing view. From the window, we saw deer, rabbits and a family of some kind of amazing bird we have yet to identify.
We cooked a big meal in the fully stocked kitchen (stocked with cooking supplies and a few essentials) and lit a warm fire that made a full day of driving totally worth it.
But the stars. The stars were the best part. On this past of the coast you have an unobstructed view of the sky and you see a lot of stars. Maybe even all the stars in the sky. The belt of the milky way was visible in a way I haven't experienced since the high dessert of Joshua Tree. Anyway. Everything was great!