I am surprised by the owners comments, instead of honoring and appreciating the guests true comments, a blame game has started. Very unprofessional and bad attitude.
Air BnB should ask the apartment owner the following;
1. Wasn't the main door safety lock broken and out of order, compromising the safety of the guests.
2. Wasn't the bath room water system messed up with no cold water coming in the shower, that we the guests could not take a shower for 3 days while we stayed there.
3. Were majority of the bulbs not fused and not working.
4. Wasen't the temperature thermostat broken which could be a cause of an electrical fire hazard. Again compromising the safety of the guests just for a few bucks.
5. Did the offered Wifi ever work, even for a minute while we stayed for 3 days. With the host just making lame excuses.
We were 5 in all as informed at the time of booking with 3 kids. There were guests who visited us and left later on.
The mentioned things were already broken / not working / very poorly maintained. The curtain was on the floor. The commode seat was loose and unstable, what actually needed was just the tightening of the commode seat holding nuts, but again poor maintenance.
There was no TV or any sound system indoors so we did chat but no one made loud noises. Everyone realizes the comfort of the neighbors. This is what we teach our kids.
There were cupboards but the guests have to bring their own hangers in order to hang their clothes. What a joke.
I myself personally returned the door key in the safe box. The rooms were booked for the next day we left and the owner found out that the keys were missing after 1 week, very strange.
The apartment owners comments only came after 10 day when I added my comments just to educate the owner of the shortcomings. One should properly maintain a housing being offered for rent. People pay for the stay and noting is free of charge.
It is better to realize the shortcomings instead of blaming the guests.