Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
5th Ave is a wonderful place to stay to have easy access to everything NYC has to offer.
Jamie has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Absolutely loved the house. It had everything we needed for a family vacation by the beach over the holidays. Jamie and Jodi were thorough hosts who worked hard to anticipate our every need. Hope to visit again and often.
Very positive experience with both the host and the apartment! Jamie has been very responsive and his wife even put together a comprehensive list of must-see for us. The location is ideal, giving you the possibility to explore the city by foot or quickly catch a cab or the metro. The loft's main room has plenty of light and is well-equipped with everything (and more!) you could need. Will definitely recommend this place for a family to feel at home while being right in the center of NYC!
An amazing house, in every regard. We've stayed in numerous rental houses over the years, both on the North Fork and elsewhere, and none can compare to this one. Shockingly, the great photos on the site don't even do the house justice - it's far more beautiful in person. Some of the highlights, in no particular order:
- Each bedroom has its own private bathroom, which is an absolute godsend when sharing the house with guests.
- Despite a very open and airy feeling, the house is surprisingly soundproof - also great when (hypothetically) the 9 months pregnant woman wants go to sleep at 9pm and her husband and friends want to stay up late playing the piano and playing card games that involve a lot of shouting.
- The kitchen is incredibly well-equipped - good knives, a cabinet full of Le Cruset cookware, good plates/glasses, a terrific gas range, etc. Clearly this is a house lived in by people who actually cook (which is rarely the case with rental properties).
- Love that the house isn't centered around the TV. There *is* a good TV, and enough seats to gather around it if desired, but I love that it's not the main sitting area of the house. We instead spent our time actually socializing, cooking, eating, drinking, playing card games, making smores, etc. So much better.
- The yard feels shockingly private given the relative proximity to the road and neighbors. The landscaping is gorgeous, and creates an almost zen-like sanctuary. The fire pit is a wonderful touch (as was the fact that there was an ample supply of pre-cut wood and kindling).
- The proximity to the private beach is fabulous. Most of our other stays on the North Fork have been spent searching in vain for a dog-friendly beach that's not restricted by parking passes - so this was a really wonderful perk.
- The beds are suuuuuper comfortable (another rarity in rental properties). Again, being 9 months pregnant, this was of critical importance to me - I even brought along a memory foam topper, assuming the bed would be rock hard, but never used it. And lovely sheets/towels/linens. Very much appreciated that each bed had a proper duvet and multiple pillows.
- Powerful, zoned a/c. So so good.
- That said, we loved being able to literally open up the entire house on cooler days - the big windows everywhere created a fantastic indoor/outdoor sensibility, which was very pleasant on afternoons spent indoors.
- The house's location was truly ideal - just a short drive from everything we needed, shops in Mattituck, seafood market in Cutchogue, great restaurants in Greenport, etc.
Running out of words, but suffice it to say, we cannot WAIT to come back!
Jamie's house is incredible, one of the best and most well equipped vacation homes we've ever stayed in. It comfortably housed 6 adults and 6 children with plenty of room to spare. The large beautifully landscaped wooded garden kept the kids occupied and away from the TV for hours! The house also has a large play room and a garage full of beach equipment that the hosts kindly allow guests to use. For adults, the house and garden provide many tranquil, comfortable reading and resting spots as well as great areas to eat and socialize in. The beach, just a minutes walk away, is perfect for early morning swims, the kids couldn't get enough of it. We loved the house so much we were sorry to leave, we will definitely be back!
Jamie's place was great! It was in a perfect location, with plenty to do within a few blocks. Our hosts were extremely accommodating (thanks for the wine!) and gave us great restaurant recommendations. The place was beautiful and private, with tons of space. Thank you!
We had a great experience staying in this apartment and working with Jamie and his family. Jamie and his family were very friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. They offered to help us plan our trip and made themselves available to promptly answer any questions we had. When we arrived at the apartment, it was in great shape, very clean, and with a nice note and a bottle of wine to welcome us. The apartment is beautiful. It has a unique layout that is great for families, a high quality modern kitchen, a very comfortable and spacious living room with high ceilings and comfortable seating. The building is secure, utilizing modern technology with a call button for the door and elevator that takes the person only to your floor. The location is perfect. Great access to shopping half a block away, train access all over the city, and quality restaurants.
Jamie and his group were great guests. He was easy to communicate with and even let me know they had arrived and had a great day skiing. The group was respectful of the condo and I would highly recommend Jamie as a guest in any rental home.