I am a technology consultant in Silicon Valley. See (website hidden) for details.
- Seychelles - honeymoon
- South coast of Turkey - hitch-hiked along there as a student
- Fiji - Vanua Balavu
Some interesting places I've been to:
- Northern Nigeria
- Golan Heights
I like classical music (play the piano a bit), don't really watch many movies, when I go to shows I like serious live theater, food (I'm not really a foodie but I get hungry - I've been known to almost forget to eat when traveling - for example, camping between Mt St Helens and Mt Ranier with a niece there was no shop for food, so we made soup from some free crackers and tomato ketchup we'd picked up at restaurants on our road trip and added some celery we had in our car).
When I travel in certain areas of the world I avoid anything dubiously cooked, salads or spices. Boiled rice and boiled lentils are a fine meal for me. I like to start the day with a good breakfast!
I've experienced all levels of travel from sleeping on a freezing night in a Canadian churchyard when it started to snow and my sleeping bag was in garbage bags to keep dry, to staying in 5-star top hotels.
My 5 needs:
- a horizontal place to put my head - I don't like sleeping sitting up
- a quiet place to sleep
- peace - I don't like anger or fights
- warmth - I don't like to be cold, although I don't mind camping in sub-zero temperatures but I'll have 4 or 5 quilt/sleeping bag layers
- something safe to drink - I drink teas most of the time - I have spells of decaffeinated tea then someone brings strong Yorkshire tea which I love and I get back on the caffeine train!
I have a husband, no kids, no pets.