Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Emmy has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Emmy and her crew were wonderful guests! I really enjoyed her stay and would highly recommend her to other hosts! It is guests like her that make me love being an airbnb host so much!
Emmy and her friends arrived after driving almost 6 hours at around midnight Thanksgiving Day, and although they were exhausted, they kept me posted on their progress and were friendly and delightful when they arrived. They took great care of First Light during their one night stay.
it was a pleasure to host Emmy. Emmy is very quiet,clean,friendly and polite. I highly recommend Emmy as a guest.
It was a pleasant and entertaining time hosting Emmy and her family. I am glad that they enjoyed the Philadelphia tour and their stay overall. Despite their brief time in Philadelphia, they made the most of it at a relaxing, adventurers (mostly walking) pace.
They left the room in a clean condition and paid their remaining balance (tour taxes, etc.) promptly.
Thank you again for the generous tip on the ride!
Based on their selections for their Philadelphia stay, they would have had to make a 2nd payment (for the tour, taxes, etc.) anyway after the initial 1st airbnb payment.
The separate tax payment is clearly mentioned several times:
1. In the sky room rental listing on airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11512)
2. When the reservation was accepted and finalized. "Mandatory Pennsylvania state through Philadelphia city taxes are not included with this payment and are paid separately before or upon check-in." This message was sent months prior in Emmy's case.
3. Reservation welcome message, usually weeks or day prior to a stay
4. During check-in, as friendly reminders.
I would not collect and pay the taxes for Emmy's stay and other stays, but doing so separately:
1. keeps the room rentals legal
2. provides excellent Philadelphia community services that guests usually use during their stay
3. abides by airbnb's terms of service, when Emmy booked her reservation
4. prevents Emmy and my other guests from being sued in the future (e.g. New York State Attorney General was trying to get a list of every New York state airbnb host and guest. Airbnb, hosts, and guests could be sued for rental tax nonpayment.)
5. helps Emmy and my other guests save money, if they cancel their reservation (i.e. They do not have to pay the separate tax payment).
Thank you to Emmy for the feedback. For some future reservations, there may be only 1 payment made through airbnb.
Emmy and her family are welcome to come and stay again.
Emmy and her family were the perfect guest!! They kept in close contact so that we could be here to greet them. They were very friendly. They left our apartment in beautiful condition. They are welcome back anytime they are in the Washington DC area. I highly recommend them for others to host.