Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Love living in Bali and traveling when I am not working .
Chris has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Great value for money, I would go back again!
We stayed four days at the villa. The villa is very nice villas. I want to stay in Bali go again.
Nice villa!! We love it! Easy access to other places and we rented a bike also when we were in Bali.. Its very convenient and the villa is awesome and superb! Definitely will come here again
We were a group of four girls who stayed here for three nights/ four days and have a number of experiences in airbnb homes around the world. All have been very pleasant, so it was quite hard to write this one.
The following is our collective feedback:
- Good quiet location, but a little bit far away from the main Seminyak area if you're on foot - ie about a 25 minute walk. But faster on scooter as you can weave in/out of the traffic, which was quite heavy during the New Year's period.
- Chris was very responsive with questions and clear on his of getting there.
- Beautiful living space, especially the living room overlooking the pool
- Functional A/C in the bedrooms
- Pool was nice to have also as its very hot during the day
- Water pressure was good in the showers
- The maid swept the floors daily and made the beds, and did some general tidying.
Suggestions for improvements -
- The villa showed some age and could have been cleaner. It didn't look as nice as the pictures. For example, the curtains in the living room had obvious tears and holes in them, and the mosquito net over our bed had some small red markings on one corner, which we couldn't quite make out where they came from. The outdoor sun chairs had tears in the cushions. One bedside lamp wasn't working, etc. I think the power outlet wasn't working full stop. The bathroom floors were both very wet when we first arrived.
- We didn't have hot water in the showers of one of the bedrooms. The other room did have hot water however.
- We ran out of both toilet paper and mineral drinking water on the third day, and it was not replaced by the maid since we first arrived.
- Our Wifi stopped working on the third day and though we notified the host, they weren't able to fix the situation, saying that it was a problem on the providers side. No WIFI meant that we had to rely on using WIFI at cafes and restaurants, which made it more hard to communicate with the host.
- The maid spoke no English which meant that it was really difficult to resolve our questions and issues. This just added to some frustrations and waiting time for responses (ie Chris had to contact the maid for some items), and replies in the end not very friendly/pleasant.
It could have all been a once off over a very busy period, and I hope it was just a once off. I think it was also because Chris/partner were not physically there in person, which added more to it all. Had the basics been covered, including general cleanliness and overall appearance, it would have made our stay more pleasant. So we can't highly recommend it based on our recent stay.
I enjoyed our stay at the villa "a little piece of paradise" a midst a chaotic stream of traffic about 4-500metres up the road. A little Japanese/Chinese restaurant at the end of our lane way was lovely and cheap to have dinner. You could explore shops and markets within walking distance. Taxis available always, but you needed to barter down the price. It was great staying near the locals and tasting their cuisines, an experience you wouldn't have if you stayed at a resort. We felt like the locals and got used to crossing the roads by walking straight out without getting run over. It was nice coming back to the villa after a long day shopping and exploring and jumping into the pool with a cool drink. :)
The villa is perfectly located in Seminyak and contains everything you need.
Chris is a very available host and helped us for transfers, scooter rental and late check-out.
Refurbishment of the bathrooms would make the villa perfect.
Responsive owner. Cable TV was not working, owner tried to resolve it as soon as possible.
Dania was great to deal with. She arranged for Kedak our driver to pick us up and from there everything was easy. The villa is very nice and clean and the yard is fantastic for chilling out in. The late checkout was fantastic as we could have stayed here for days longer!
Space - The home in Seminyak is absolutely beautiful and definitely as pictured. The indoor / outdoor space was a DREAM, beautiful pool, outdoor eating / relax space, etc. If the heat was ever too much, the bedrooms provided a nice escape. I was pleasantly surprised that the kitchen felt more modern / updated than the pictures show. Pool was warm and clean and the yard area got plenty of sunshine.
A couple of pieces of general feedback: the bathrooms in each of the bedrooms were a bit dated and could be improved. Additionally, the hosts provided safe boxes for security but ours was very broken, would have been nice to use that!
Location - Good location and easy to access nearby restaurants, boutiques, pool parties, etc. however you won't want to walk anywhere as there are little to no side walks, lots of traffic, etc.
Transportation - If you stay in this space I would recommend using the driver that Chris and Dania suggest. We didn't use him until the last day for airport transport and wished we had used him the whole time after that experience. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and a great price in comparison to the local taxis that you feel like you have to constantly haggle with.
Chris & Dania's place is great! My daughter loves it. The swimming pool is her favorite spot. She even didn't want to go back home.. Location is great, quite distance from the crowd but close to everything we love in Bali.. Def will be back for another stay..