- Personal Development
Life motto: Anything is possible.
Galina has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Nice host, very accommodating. Room is decent considering the price. location is not to far from attractions like downtown capital hill. It helps if you have a car but its not necessary.
Galina was very pleasant and the experience, overall, was good. The condo is much smaller than you might think; that's not a bad thing, just don't think you can easily sleep 8. Unless your group is filled with couples, don't expect more than space for 4. The neighborhood is fine; don't let people scare you off about it.
The bottom line is: the place is fantastic for the price, the owner is kind and helpful, and if you're visiting Seattle to explore and discover (ie. not spending the majority of your time inside the place), I couldn't suggest it any higher than I do.
We had a really nice time there. The house was very clean and looked really nice. Although it was a bit small for 8 people, we enjoyed our stay. The garage is pretty small but you can park on the street in front of the house.
Place is great, very modern, and clean. We slept 5 very comfortably. 9/10 would stay again
The space is much tighter then anticipated. Though it is possible to house up to 9 tenants, but in my opinion I believe that it would be much more comfortable with a maximum of 6 (We had a total of 8). Small cars should be able to fit in the garage, did not wish to attempt with our truck to confirm however. The street is fairly tight and crowed during most of the day, but there usually is at least some places where you can park otherwise.
The location of the townhouse is a little bit hidden as it is behind another townhouse, so it is not easily noticed at first from the street. Like noted by previous tenants, it is fairly close to a small shopping area where you can purchase groceries, go to Starbucks, restaurants and cafes, and various other small stores. Please note that if you do wish to go to larger shopping areas that you will need to either drive or taxi around.
My party and I found our stay to be decent, though we found that the place was not as cleanly as we had expected it to be. One of the major areas was the bathroom, as we needed to buy drain-o, as a large majority of the drains were clogged prior to our arrival.
Great location. Close to all Seattle sites. We had sufficient room for 9 and having three bathrooms was great. Very clean and ready for us. Thank you.
The house is smaller than it looks, but OK for 4-6 people. The bed quality is poor except the one in the master bedroom and the neighborhood is not as nice as some other affordable places in Seattle.
This said, the biggest problem is SEATAC airport close approach: be prepared to count planes at the rhythm of one every 60-90 sec. In the silence of the night, these planes are very noisy and since the windows are not double-glazed ...
Brief, we are far from the promised "great location".
My real rating for this place is a 3.5, but you can't do half stars on Airbnb...
A little bit about our party - there were 6 of us, a mix of immediate family, cousins, and Uncles/Aunts, adults and young adults.
- The house is located a little over a mile outside downtown Seattle with a bus route nearby (though we ended up walking/taking a car in each time)
- Galina's house is clean and extremely modern with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- There are 3 bathrooms (two of them have showers), which was really nice in the morning while we were all getting ready
- Galina is quick to respond to any issues or questions. For example, the air mattress at the place had a huge hole in it. After I called her about it, she had a replacement dropped off the same day for us.
- The place says it sleeps 9 people, but I find that to be a bit inflated. There are 3 full/queen beds, 1 queen blow up air mattress, and a couch. To fit 9 people you would have to have 2 people on each bed, 2 people on the air mattress, and 1 on the couch. With 6 people it was even tight, just because there was only one couple in our party and it wasn't really appropriate for the others in our party to share beds.
- If you do have to blow up the air mattress, you will lose the functionality of the living room, as that is the only room with ample space to fit the blow up.
- The driveway and garage are really tight. We had a rental minivan and it wouldn't fit in the garage.
For the most part we had a great experience, but the deceiving sleeping accommodations were unfortunate. I would say this place could comfortably sleep 4-6. But only do 6 if there are multiple couples in your party.
We were a group of six friends (2 couples + 2 singles) travelling to Seattle for four nights and were very pleased with our stay at Galina's townhouse. We would definitely stay there again!
When we first arrived we were a little concerned about how far the location was from the attractions (Pike Place Market, Shopping District, etc) but it was a very quick cab ride - about $10-12 each way. There is a grocery store and Starbucks down the street which were very convenient.
For the six of us, we thought the townhouse was enough space, though I wouldn't want to go with a bigger group, and we had only minor concerns:
- Someone over 6' tall won't be too comfortable sleeping in the downstairs bedroom (the bed is a little short)
- The kitchen is a tight to have two people cooking
- It would have been nice to have a TV or radio, but we managed without
- There isn't a toaster or regular coffee maker but enough variety of pots & pans for the cooking we did
We enjoyed sitting in the backyard (there are only three lawn chairs in the downstairs closet though) and having the code lock was very convenient because when someone wanted to go back to the townhouse we didn't have to coordinate who would have a key. Also, the three and a half bathrooms were awesome for our large group.
A note on other reviews:
- We didn't notice the airport noise mentioned by another reviewer
- The large capacity washing machine and dryer made laundry very quick
- There is a dishwasher
- We fit a Ford Escape in the garage
All in all, we thought it was a great place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Seattle.
The house was nice and clean when we arrived. Galina was very responsive and answered all our questions beforehand. Getting in and out of the place was easy. One thing we didn't care for too much was paying a $150 cleaning fee when we had to do the cleaning of the towels and sheets. That wasn't received very well from the parents. Also the security code doesn't always get changed so if you are the paranoid type you may ask ahead to make sure it can get changed from the last people that stayed there. Other than that we loved it. It was very spacious and was in line with hotel prices around the area. If you are okay with the things I mentioned I'd definitely recommend it!