Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Hi my name is Stuart!! I'm an Intrepid traveler, Absolute realist, and All round nice guy.
Stuart has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
We chose Stuart's place for a couple of reasons -
-multiple surf locations that our 2 boys could walk to
-good view and located on the beach
-one room could fit our family
The good -
-You can easily surf at Impossibles, Bingin and Dreamland. Our eldest son (16 years) could handle the waves here, but our youngest (13 years) struggled as they are reef breaks and sometimes quite shallow and it can be quite competitive to get a wave. Take reef shoes.
-The view and the size of the balcony with daybeds and hammocks is excellent. Sunset is wonderful and having plenty of shade to escape the hot sun is fabulous.
-You can walk along the beach to Dreamland one direction and Padang Padang the other direction
-If you are up early you can see the monkeys on the balcony and beach (don't leave anything on the balcony you value)
-The aircon was quiet and worked well.
-John was a helpful and great guy.
The not so good -
- Swimming is hard at both high and low tide due to the amount of rocks and coral.
- Our family did not really fit in the room. We were told there would be two single beds for our boys but the reality was a 48 inch mattress on the floor that was quite undersized for two people. Two teenage boys aren't fond of being that close. If we had known this, it would have been a deal breaker for us.
- The Wi-Fi was marginal at best. We needed Wi-Fi and not having it would have been another deal breaker for us. We constantly asked about it but it never improved and we had to use a cafe down the beach to get wifi. Inconvenient.
- When we stripped the beds on leaving, the state of the pillows was a shock and I don't think anyone would have slept on them if they knew what the pillowslips were hiding.
- The water from the sink in the bathroom leaked heavily on the floor rather than go down the pipe. When we mentioned this we were told that all the sinks leaked.
- Hot water was almost non existent. On the last day we showered in the separate shared bathroom and it was much better.
- Our room had 9 lights. When we arrived only one was working so it was quite hard to see at night. We asked about this and ended up with 3 working. Still a trifle dark.
- A lot of the furniture was old. The couches on the balcony were almost impossible to sit on due to the enormous lumps in them. Unfortunately this was the only place you could read at night as not all the lights worked outside.
Good location. The property needs some maintenance/new furniture. The description of amenities was not accurate leading us to choose something that was not appropriate for us. Pack light due many stairs in/out.
We absolutely loved it! Didn't actually meet Stuart but we meet Mama Tom Tom and she was lovely. All the staff were great and really helpful. The room was huge with a really nice bathroom. The balcony is also really big, overlooking the beach with sunbeds and a hammock to lounge on as well as weights and yoga mats for those into fitness. It was perfection laying on the sunbeds watching the amazing sunset. We will be back to stay whenever back in Bali. Highly recommended :)
Great place to stay comfy bed big open views clean an always tidy. Best place to stay in Bingin if you want to surf an kick back in the arvo an watch the sunset an relax. Mama tom tom, john someone always there to accommodate any of your needs. Top spot I'll come back for sure:)
Just what I was looking for! Great host family and location. The surf is only a couple of strokes away :) Thank you!!
After 9 years we returned to a new and improved Tom Tom's Warung. Same amazing family with some great new staff in Jon and Stu that made for an even better experience. Bingin has certainly grown in popularity but it hasn't changed the amazing feel of both the beach and this particular beach side abode.
Amaaazing place! Location is perfect if you're looking for a quiet relaxed place, and of course surfing. You are right on the beach!! The room is super clean, but the beat part is the people and service! Stuart is an amazing and interesting guy! Mama papa and john are just wonderful people who will take care of you, and their cooking is great!
There are many warungs around to hang out and meet people, and the beach is perfect because its never too crowded. There's bbqs on the beach :).
I will definitely come back here when I'm back in Bali, so I really recommend this place to anyone!
I second everything that Sven reviewed! House is amazing, Mama Tom Tom and her family are welcoming and take great care of the house, and Stu was an awesome host. My friend and I originally booked three nights, but ended up staying five. You couldn't be closer to the water, and the view is spectacular. Loved the laid back vibe of the house and everyone that was staying there, and met many great people! Will definitely be coming back the next time I visit Bali.
Oh wow, so this house...it is impossible to describe our stay in this short feedback but i'll try anyway ;)
The house is simply amazing, first you'll arrive to a lot of stairs but believe me, the steps are worth it! You're staying right at bingin beach and from the rooms you have a wonderful view and the sound of the ocean! You won't find a better place on bingin beach! Stuart is a wonderful person, not only is he fun and friendly but also very open; we had relaxing evenings on the terrace, drinking beer and having sincere&fun discussions. Mama Tom Tom and her family are doing a wonderful job maintaining the house and cooking delicious meals!
We only planned to stay 5 nights but ended up staying another 5 ;) you'll meet wonderful, interesting people with a view which is almost surreal! We will definetly come again!
Bingin beach is a perfect spot for surfers and non surfers alike and this house is probably the best on the beach.
The balcony's are spacious, bedrooms imacculate and the bathrooms have to be seen to be believed.
Although you can probably find accommodation elsewhere in Bingin for much cheaper, this is the best choice for a quality pad with aircon and rad bathroom.
The staff are All Time amazing, especially John.
If you are coming form the airport ask Stu to organise an airport pick up with Joe. He is a legend.
Enjoy Bingin - sun, sand, surf, yoga and a very healthy & happy vibe.
We cant wait to get back.