Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Blake has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
El apartamento está muy bien situado y es pequeño pero muy luminoso y agradable, para pasar unos días 3 o 4 personas de perfecto.
Blake muy amable y atento.
Volvería al mismo apartamento sin ninguna duda.
We really enjoyed our stay in Blakes apartment. Close to the subway and a walk to Central Park plus an awesome supermaret just around the corner. Would recommend to a couple travelling possibly no more just because of the size of the apartment - but very enjoyable stay overall.
The appartment is smaller thant it appear at the photos, but is very cute, and lacks nothing, is confortable and is in a perfet position, near 2nd ave subway, for visit manhattan, so is perfet for a young couple who want spent the most of the day visit manhattan.
Blake is very kind and helpful, we spent a very good holiday!
We stayed in Blake's apartement for almost 2 weeks. We never saw him but contacting him was very easy and correct. Overal the apartement was as expected and it's located in very nice and safe neighbourhood. A lot of restaurants nearby and the subway is only 5min away.
Two tiny remarks are:
- There is no kitchen table (altough it isn't on the pictures either) so if you like to cook, be aware of the fact that you'll have to eat in the sofa.
- They're building a new subway line right in front of the apartement and it can be réally noisy sometimes. Blake mentioned this before so we already knew this but still it's something you should keep in mind. If you like to sleep longer than 8am is quite difficult at times.
Anyhow we had a wonderful stay in NYC and we would definitly come back to Blake's apartement.
There’s no question that UES in the 80’s near 86th is a great NY spot for liveliness, restaurants, and conveniences of all sorts – including easy transportation to everywhere. However, it was undisclosed that the 2nd Ave. subway was being constructed outside our window. This resulted in jack hammering and tunnel boring literally under the apartment building waking us weekdays at 8 and continuing until 6 pm. The scaffolding and construction site edifices immediately in front and up and down the avenue are manageable, but the point is, we should have been informed of the sustained noise during the day. This is a major construction project.
The apt. itself was satisfactory – average cleanliness, and everything worked. The 4th floor walk up was a surprise, but we are fit and it was good cardio-vascular. Again, this was on the underside of full disclosure; this climb could have been a challenge for some. NY was in the 90s when we were there – the apt. does have AC, but the units are old and not terribly efficient. There are no windows to open for fresh air.
We had an amazingly wonderful time in NY. The apt. was a place to sleep and store our possessions. Its contribution to a fabulous vacation was mostly in providing stories to share with friends – the constant noise could have upset us, but we chose to take it in stride and dive fully into our NYC experience.
Had a great 11 night stay at Blake's place. Never got a chance to meet him, but Blake was really helpful and easy to get in touch with. The apartment is neat and comfortable. It is exactly as you see in the pictures. The location is great, close to a Subway stop, with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The construction noise only really woke me up once, at around 8am when they were jack-hammering, but for the most part you can't hear it from the bedroom.
1.the apartment is completely run down
2. the apartment was dirty
3. the fridge and the freezer were full of food, some of it out of date
4. the microwave and the oven were so full of grease that we didn't dare to use them
5.most of the closets and drawers were full of personal clothes
6. the hanger that was free (near the bed) is in a dangerous position to someone who needs to get up during the night
7. the dishes were not clean
8. the host didn't brings us clean bed sheets that we asked for at half time of our stay (5 days)
9. the draining of the bath tub was not working
10. the noise from the works of the subway on 2nd Av. (of wich we were not informed) was sometimes so loud that no one could sleep after 7 pm
11. due to those conditions we were forced to leave the apartment 3 days earlier than we were due and find another place, informing the host about our leaving.
12. we think we are entitled to a refund, at least for the last 3 days.
Blake's home feels just like that - a home. It's thoughtfully furnished, he leaves guidebooks for you and instructions and tips. We had a great stay!
The location is great, close to park, museums, could not be beat. Thanks so much Blake.
Excellent location on upper east side, close to Central park, metro station and lots of nice restaurants and pubs. We really enjoyed our stay at Blake´s place!
Although we haven't met him, Blake was a great host. Very helpful, easy going with check-in and check-out, and communication was very good and fast. His place is very comfortable and looks exactly as shown on the pictures. The next metro station is not far and there are a lot of bars and shops around. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend Blake and his place.
blake is the best! i've known him for almost 4 years now, and i know his apartment is in great shape. he's incredibly thoughtful, and will make sure anyone who stays at his place will be completely taken care of. i'd trust him with just about anything, and i can give him nothing but a giant thumbs up.