I am a researcher at UC Berkeley, working in the field of earthquake engineering. For the last few years, I have been working remotely from my home in Los Angeles and coming to Berkeley on day trips for meetings. The project I coordinate now requires me to be in the Bay Area more frequently, so I am looking for a place I can rent on a monthly basis starting on or around March 23, 2014 until mid-December 2014. I am a respectful, quiet (but very sociable), easy-going and fun-loving science geek! I would be on campus during the day and I will mostly be working or reading when “home". I do not expect to be there full-time, but I want a home away-from-home where I can leave a few things between trips. Sometimes it may be a couple of days during the week, sometimes more and some weeks I won’t be there at all. This makes me an ideal tenant as I can provide regular revenue while not being there full-time.
Looking for a room:
- I’d prefer to be walking distance from Cal and/or BART, in a safe, quiet place. Alternatively, I could bring my car, but would need a place to park (both day and night time).
- Ideally, I’d want to rent a room with a private bathroom (ok to share if private bath not available). I’d also want access to a shared kitchen and laundry equipment. I do need internet access.
- I am allergic to cats and dogs (but can probably manage with some Claritin) and strongly prefer a smoke-free environment.
- My budget is $1,000/month.
- I would like to meet in person before I commit and probably do a 1-workweek trial before the first month. I feel this something good on both sides as we get to know each other and see if this is a good fit.
Looking forward to hear from you! :)