Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
From Tanzania, used to live in UK, Seattle and San Francisco, now living in Nairobi
Mbwana has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The reservation was canceled 6 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
1) New apartment in a new building located 3 blocks from the end of the California cable car line, and one block of Van Ness Street.
2) Comfortable couch as promised.
3) Very accessible host: e-mails, text messages, and phone calls.
1) One key to the apartment and the host acted as though he wass doing us a favor by letting us in the apartment.
2)Required us to not to come and go as we pleased but instead provide him a schedule.
I understood when he asked us not to come back to the apartment until after 5 pm on Monday since he might be meeting with a client and will not be accessible. That request was easy to accommodate after reassurance that we could come and go as we wish after 5 pm. However, I didn’t expect a text message at 5:30pm that evening that said, “I’m going out for a drink with friends around 6 pm, and will be back around 9 pm.” It took a while to convince Mbwana that he shouldn’t lock us out of our warm clothes for 3 hours on such a short notice. There was no way we could even get back to his apartment before 6 pm considering our current location.
3) Host requested that we not to tell anything to his roommate who apparently didn’t know that he is renting out a living room sofa.
4) Host broke a prior arrangement to allow us to leave our suitcases until 2 pm on the day of departure.
5) Minor: It would be nice to have a regular pillow with a pillowcase, and not a decorative pillow to sleep on.
Conclusion: I would not recommend Mbwana as a host. Actually, I would not recommend him as someone to have any business arrangements with. If we weren’t leaving the following day, I would have found another place to stay.
Having Mbwana grace our home was a special treat. He was here for a friend`s wedding so was quite busy with all the activities but he still had time to chat and answer all our questions about East Africa. He was punctual, quiet and respectful. Fascinating man who was a pleasure to meet.
Great guest it was a pleasure hosting him, he is always welcome back
Mbwana, was a great guest. He was polite and kind and very respectful of the house rules. I would rent a room to him again.
Mbawana was a lovely guest. He was friendly and easy to host. He was mostly out on business or visiting friends. He was clean and left the room in order. Highly recommend him. Hope you can visit us again when in London.
Mbwana stayed with us for 3 nights, and it was a real pleasure to host him. He's interesting, funny and easy to talk to. He's also very independent, and spend most of his time out doors. He's welcome back at any point and it would be a pleasure to host him!
Thank you Mbwana!