Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Brett has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Here ya go! Edit as needed, or just copy paste into his profile :)
My girlfriend and I stayed at Brett’s place over Valentine’s Day weekend and it was perfect for us. We got in at about 8:30 pm on Friday and the key was in the key box with the provided code. The back house was not hard to find, we just drove through the alley until we saw the address on the wall and the empty parking spot. Once we got in, we noticed that the place was neat and quite small but we expected that. The bedroom and bathroom are somewhat comical with their ‘attic like’ qualities but we had fun with it and never bumped our heads in either room. The bedroom tv worked great, we rented a redbox and watched it on the playstation. The bathroom was stocked with towels and extra shampoo/conditioner as well as much needed sunscreen for our trips outside.
1. -The shower was a little shorter than we would have wanted but it didn’t really make too much of a difference
2. - The motion sensor light kept turning on in the alley behind the bedroom, black out curtains might be recommended for the light sleepers
3. -The wooden door was tricky to lock up from the outside but we figured it out after a couple tries
All in all, we enjoyed our stay in Ocean Beach and would recommend it to couples who will not be hanging out in the house too often but want a comfortable bed, a unique looking place, and a short walk to the beach.
Thanks for your hospitality Brett!
A fun and unique place to stay...comfortable bed, very clean shower, and appreciated the availability of beach towels. Brett was an extremely responsive host, and made us feel welcome.
My partner and I stayed at Brett's place for 2 nights over the holidays. I grew up in OB, and everything everyone in other reviews have said about the town is true. It is a gem in San Diego, and you should definitely come check it out.
The pros about Brett's place:
- It is well located and a short walk to coffee, bars, the beach, Newport and Sunset Cliffs (which you must walk on).
- There is one alleyway parking space just for the unit.
- The kitchen was stocked with enough pots, pans, and cooking utensils to prepare a few special dishes for our family holiday feast.
- Brett had a decorated holiday tree there, which was a nice touch.
- When we contacted him, he responded quickly.
- The entrance is not so easy to find, as it is on the alley behind the unit, not on the street side as the address implies.
- It is a dark unit with few windows.
- The fridge was full of Brett's food and beer, and at least leaving an empty shelf would have been nice.
- The TV was broken, which happens, but we didn't find out until after we checked in and sat down for an evening movie.
- There is no internet or cable (which was clearly indicated in the listing, just not ideal).
- The bathroom shower is just bizarre. It is difficult to stand in and the shower curtain appeared to be sliced haphazardly by an exacto knife to make it fit the sharply slanted ceiling.
- In general, the place was clean, but a little cluttered.
- Having stayed in other Airbnb's in OB, the price per night was a little too high for what you get.
Overall, we had a nice trip to visit the family and spend a little time back in beloved OB. We appreciate Brett opening up his pad for us to stay! I would say, stay here if you plan to spend most of your time out and about...
We had a great time and a great rest!
This place had everything we needed and was just great. The best part was the short walk to the beach.
Location location location. Quiet neighborhood close to everything! Kitchen is basic. Big bonuses: clean, thoughtfully laid out, good washer and dryer, spacious for a small place (plenty of space to do morning yoga ;)). I highly recommend to anyone not requiring luxury setting. Only downside is no WiFI I worked off my phone and set up a hot spot so it worked out (website hidden) I am a senior citizen.
I had a wonderful stay at this OB cottage. The house was stocked with towels and all the other beach necessities. I recommend this unit to anyone wanting a nice beach get away.
Brett was great and the cottage was perfect for us. Brett answered all of my questions and made some great suggestions for restaurants and bars in the area. Having a parking spot was also really nice. We walked to the beach and there was a market right around the corner. It was a 10 minute drive to downtown San Diego! The sofa pull out mattress was also really comfortable. I'd stay here again!
The cottage is ideally located. Close to ocean beach, close to decent restaurants, and, close to the freeway if you want to drive in to the city. The interiors are cosy and well stocked. It's perfect for two people, however a bit of a squeeze for 4. I'd recommend this place if you're two of you and would like a nice place close to ocean beach!
The place was cozy, clean, and comfortable. Easy walk to the beach. We had a great stay in San Diego. Thanks!
My boyfriend and I spent two nights here in August. Overall we loved this house. Very clean, lots of space for two people, great location! Since we were at the hottest part of the year it got a bit warm during the day. That was really our only complaint, the house was wonderful! Great location, about a ten minute walk from the beach and good restaurants.
It was a pleasure to host Brett. Brett is very quiet clean polite and friendly. I highly recommend Brett as a guest.
Brett and Jen were delightful guests. They communicated easily and were totally independent and gracious. We would enjoy having them again!
it was a pleasure to host Brett. He is very quiet polite and clean. I highly recommend him as a guest.