- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Finding a Place
- Booking a Place
- Your Trip
- Trust & Safety
- Contact Airbnb
How do I make a claim on the security deposit?
You have 48 hours from your guest's checkout date to make a claim on the security deposit. Here's how to make a claim:
- From the desktop site, click your name at the top of airbnb.com and select Your Reservations
- Click Report a Problem. You'll be prompted to contact your guest using the Resolution Center to discuss the claim.
- To make a claim, visit www.airbnb.com/resolutions. Claims are often quickly and amicably resolved when hosts request payment directly from their guests. In your claim, please include a description of the incident or damage, photos of the damage, and documentation of expenses, including original receipts, receipts for replacement items, or an estimate for repair on the repair company's official letterhead.
- If your guest agrees to the amount, we'll process it and send you a payout. This usually takes between 5 to 7 business days.
- If your guest declines or doesn't respond within 72 hours, click Involve Airbnb in your Resolution Center case. If you haven't already provided the required documentation, we'll let you know what we need. You'll have an additional 48 hours to provide this documentation. The faster we receive your documentation, the faster we can process any reimbursement.
Most security deposit claims will be resolved within one week. We'll make sure you and your guest are represented fairly, and if we determine you're owed money, we'll send it to you in a separate payout.