- Getting Started
- Account & Profile
- Deciding to Host
- Your Listings
- Your Reservations
- Getting Paid
- Hosting Standards
- Finding a Place
- Booking a Place
- Your Trip
- Trust & Safety
- Contact Airbnb
Why should I pay and communicate only through Airbnb?
Airbnb is a new way of doing business in an age-old industry. The vacation rental industry has always been vulnerable to risks and uncertainty. Airbnb’s system is designed to give you peace of mind. Paying and communicating only through the Airbnb platform is vital to making your experience as positive and secure as possible.
When you book through Airbnb, payments go through our secure structure and are not released to the other party until after the reservation has begun. Airbnb also provides private messaging for guests and hosts, profile verifications so you can learn more about who you’re transacting with, and the ability to flag content that may be suspicious.
By conducting your transactions on the site, you also have access to:
- Our 24/7 customer service team.
- The opportunity to review and be reviewed after your complete reservations.
- An amazing community of like-minded people traveling, hosting, and reviewing listings on a nightly basis.
Hosts also enjoy:
- A cancellation policy for your listing, enabling you to receive a partial or full payout in the event of a guest cancellation.
- The comfort of the $1,000,000 Airbnb Host Guarantee
Guests also enjoy:
- The safety of your funds in the event of a host cancellation.
- The support of our Guest Refund Policy.
Paying outside the Airbnb system is not secure, and we cannot provide access to these benefits when reservations aren’t booked directly through our website. If someone asks you to pay outside of Airbnb, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Read more information here.