Skip to content

Sightseeing in Province of Sassari

Historic Site
“The largest Nuraghe (bronze age fortress) of the North West. Worth a visit if you want to see the ruins of the pre-Roman Nuragic civilization.”
11local recommendations
Historic Site
“La Necropoli di Anghelu Ruju è uno dei siti archeologici più importanti della Sardegna poiché possiede uno dei più vasti e antichi complessi di grotte artificiali, utilizzate da differenti culture dal 4200 al 1800 a.C. circa. Scoperta casualmente nel 1903 ed esplorata in successive campagne di scavo fino al 1967, la necropoli comprende 38 domus de janas situate in prossimità di un torrente, il Rio Filibertu.”
6local recommendations
Historic Site
“It is a very unique place, worth the visit if you are in the area. A small ethnographic museum inside, various illustrative panels and the reconstruction of a typical Sardinian house of the '900 with various furniture and tools. Dentro una Domus de Janas enorme, e già basterebbe, utilizzata dal medioevo come abitazione ed oggi museo. Da non perdere ”
7local recommendations
Castle
“Il Castello Malaspina sovrasta il Colle di Serravalle e il rione di "Sa Costa", la città vecchia di Bosa.”
2local recommendations
Monument / Landmark
Monument / Landmark
Monument / Landmark
Historic Site
1local recommendations
Historic Site
“La torre di guardia all entrata del porto di Bosa risale al XVI d.C., periodo della dominazione aragonese dell isola, e fu parte di un sistema di guardia costiera a protezione delle incursioni dei mori provenienti dal nord Africa che comprendeva l intera Sardegna. La torre di Bosa è una delle più grandi e imponenti di tutta l isola. Recentemente restaurata.”
1local recommendations
Monument / Landmark
Historic Site
“San Pietro di Sorres is a former cathedral church (Sorres Cathedral), now a Benedictine monastery, in Borutta, a village in the province of Sassari, northern Sardinia, Italy. Built in Pisan Romanesque style during the 12th-13th centuries, it was the seat of the now disappeared diocese of Sorres until 1505. Since 1950 the church and the annexed monastery have housed a community of Benedictine monks.”
3local recommendations
Historic Site